Bag war- which bag to buy? (advice!)

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
Hello all. So I need a nice basic black bag. With LOTS of pockets. My current bag has almost no pockets and is a nightmare to get things out of. I will seriously search for my keys for five minutes. I decided to go with a brand I know and trust, Sabina (the only decent bags sold at UO and at this price range, that I know of). However, I'm caught between two styles.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...a+Leather+Half+Moon+Satchel&_requestid=431744

This is my first contender. It's on SALE, which is a big plus. It also has five front pockets-which is very tempting. It has a couple bad reviews saying the rubber on the handle peels (I have a Sabina bag with the rubber on the handle that has never once peeled. And I've owned it for over a year). Another girl who's owned it for over a year had no peeling complaints. The zippers are apparently easy to break-but they also look like an easy fix (just little metal rings).

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...roduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=001

Aaaaand here's number two. It isn't on sale and has no reviews as of yet, so I have no idea how it fares. It only has one front pocket, but has the advantage of a cross-body strap. The two bags are about the same size (if you look at the measurements).

What do you ladies think? I wish I could get a nice designer bag, but I can't afford it as a college student unless it's for a special occasion. I like Sabina-they're great for the price. But I'm unsure here.

Hi, I really like the first one.. it's bigger, and looks smooshier..

kudos to you for sticking to your budget and not over-extending yourself financially :tup:

:biggrin: Thanks. I pretty much already over-extend myself financially going to school. College is definitely not cheap! Hopefully when I get my degree I'll be able to get a well paying job so I can get some of the nice designer things I lust after.

See, my problem is I like the smooshiness of one bag, but the sleekness of the other. I'm awful with choices. :Push:

I like both - they are so different!!! I prefer #1 due to it's size and the fact that you are a student. I think you are also getting more bang for your buck.

#2 is gorgeous and yes sleeker but I don't see it as an everyday bag.

Oh I love a good purse competition! I really like the first one, it looks like it will be a durable bag for a long time. It could look casual or dressier too IMO. UO does have some very cute bags.

Definitely the 2nd one!

And I like budget finds :biggrin:
I never bought designer bags...well, except for 1 (and that was only because I got an awesome deal on it), when I was still in school either.

Oh you know what? I was considering between the first one you posted and the Sabina Flapover Satchel. For you, I'd go with the first one because you can adjust the strap to your comfort! :smile: