Bag trade

woody

Jan 10, 2009
I'm wondering if anyone has done a bag trade/swap without payment before when 'purchasing' a Bal?

How has it worked? Do you both agree to post at the same time? What do you do to protect yourself apart from insured post and signature on delivery?

Is it a good or bad idea?

Last edited:
if you check the ebay forum there are posts about this. i have done it with sellers i had transactions with before. i think that each paying through PP for the bags is best if you don't know each other. Then the question becomes who pays first, lol.

I have done this on Bonanzle a few times - you really need to be careful!

I would only recommend it if you feel absolutely safe with the seller. It is best if you have already had dealings with the seller so that you know that he/she is honest.

Are you talking about with a seller on eBay or the like?

Yes it is a seller on bonanza and I approached them with an offer to trade bags which they are interested in doing but neither of use can figure out how to do it :confused1:.

if you check the ebay forum there are posts about this. i have done it with sellers i had transactions with before. i think that each paying through PP for the bags is best if you don't know each other. Then the question becomes who pays first, lol.

I think the pp thing sounds like the safest way to do it but I have no cash, for a change...just bag and shoe assets :P

I have done this on Bonanzle a few times - you really need to be careful!

I would only recommend it if you feel absolutely safe with the seller. It is best if you have already had dealings with the seller so that you know that he/she is honest.

Mmmm I am feeling like it is better to forget the trade. Best to be careful. I think it would be better if I find a way to come up with the cash and take the trade out of the equation.

Thanks everyone for you advice. I don't want you to think you have put me off - just helped me make an informed decision :yes:

Probably good that you decided against it for now. If you get to know a seller from previous transactions, it makes it easier, but it is always risky as with any transaction. The PP idea was suggested on the ebay forum to have tracking and buyer/seller protection, etc. Why not try selling your bag first? That's always the best plan, IMO.

^^^ Hi woody, cbarrus's idea for you to sell your bag first is a good idea if you don't know the seller well, or have not had previous trading with them before.

Good move to hold off on the trade thing for while.

I have done the trade thing a number of times with RealDealCollection, where I send my bag over to them while they have another bag of theirs on hold for me, and I wait for them to get back to me on how much difference, if any, I have to pay. I've never had a problem with that before, but that is because Corey is absolutely trustworthy.

i have traded several times. usually we ship the same day,and "buy each others bag" we sell it for like $1 each so we can still leave feedback. then put in the note trade for -whatever bag it is,then ship. good luck! i think trades are very fun beats having to deal with selling if you both are able to decide on a fair deal.

I attempted to list my LV bag "freebie--for trade" on Bonanza. The listing was up for almost 2 weeks. I only received maybe 3 serious offers. None of which worked out for various reasons. But I also received at least a dozen extremely low ball offers as well. Some of which were sligtly insulting. So I finally just broke down and listed my bag for sale on Bonanza instead. When it sold I used the money to fund another bag purchase right away. So, in my case, it all worked out in the end.

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/how-to-trade-on-bonanzle-600238.html