Bag to carry when traveling....

tegan

O.G.
Dec 29, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if I could get some advice from you.

I am traveling the end of the week and debating what handbag to bring with me. I want to travel light and don't want to take several bags so one bag is good for me (except one small one for evening).

Currently, I am carrying my ITB tote and I love it - easy access to get in and out of and it is very comfortable. However, the bag doesn't zip.

I guess my question is two-fold. Would you carry a zipper bag with you when you travel and would you carry your Chanel?

I have a beautiful Bottega Veneta bag - the iconic veneta - and was thinking that maybe I would take that with me as it zips and doesn't have any hanging logos to single me out.

Am I making sense? Am I being to cautious?

Thanks so much!!

Hi. Sorry, I guess i should have said where I was going....silly me :smile:

Mexico - Los Cabos for just a few days. The Tote has a magnetic closure but I am always afraid of somebody sneaking their hand in the side (even though I do carry close to me).

Maybe Veneta is the right way to go as it is very easy to carry too and zips which is such a plus. But, I do love my ITB tote!!!

I was just in Paris for a week, and I was nervous about my bag because the last time I was there, my bag was stolen.

My answer was to carry a large tote on the plane with a zipper to hold travel documents, my iPad, magazines, etc. The tote also held my 226 reissue in black distressed calf with a mademoiselle lock.

One of the nice things about this bag is that it doesn't scream "CHANEL." Plus the double flap and the chain handle made me feel secure. It was small enough to tuck under my arm when I was on the Metro, and I could just put it on my lap at restaurants. HTH!

Thanks so much, ladies! That is exactly what I am going to do. That was my gut instinct.

Good choice! I think the BV is perfect to travel with. Zipper bags are a must for international travel. Even for travel within the US, I've been using a lightweight tote and putting my bag inside of it. That also keeps my bag from getting scratched if I need to put it under the seat on the plane. Have a wonderful trip!!!

In the airport I carry my LV duffel bag. I was I'm Paris a few weeks ago and I carried my red m/l lambskin flap and felt very safe. I also got a ton of compliments on my Chanel

I don't need a zip when I travel. So long it is not open top should be fine, Chanel Mini Flap with me in China, HK, Macau. Hermes Dogon Belt Bag (the most insecure closure out of all) with me to HK and Macau. Hermes Kelly (just a flap like Mini Flap) with me to Italy (rome, sienna, pisa, florence, venice, etc etc), Germany, Belgium, Swiss, The Netherlands and Paris all no problem.

I think is best you bring a bag that is most comfy on you after a long day