Bag Suggestions for a Bal Fanatic?

why not another City? someone has this one on the forum under the thread "your auction listings"
I did see this listing and I usually just like my cities in a fun color, and also if i’m paying nearly 800 for a bal bag, it shouldn’t have cracked glazing or handle creases in my opinion. Bal has gone down a ton in resale value and while I think sometimes the chèvre leather can be worth a bit more, definitely not this much more. (to me at least) I also do have a grey wool part time with sienna leather trim, and the color is gorgeous but just wouldn’t get that much use from me compared to the other colors i have if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Have you considered the Givenchy Pandora in small or medium? The sheepskin is really supple and incredibly beautiful with lots of use. The bags also hold a lot!
I actually have thought about this bag but I’ve heard that it’s quite hard to use especially while out just shopping and stuff. Have you ran into any of these problems? Having a top zip that’s easy to get in and out of when I need to just pull out my metro card or credit card is super important to me. For this reason I barely use my céline trapeze and always am reaching for my city or mini luggage. Do you find the pandora easy to use?

I actually have thought about this bag but I’ve heard that it’s quite hard to use especially while out just shopping and stuff. Have you ran into any of these problems? Having a top zip that’s easy to get in and out of when I need to just pull out my metro card or credit card is super important to me. For this reason I barely use my céline trapeze and always am reaching for my city or mini luggage. Do you find the pandora easy to use?

For reference, I have the small in black sheepskin and live in NYC so i understand the metro card struggle. It has two zippers; one on top that is for the main compartment and one on bottom that is for the smaller pocket opening. I usually use a card case and put it in the bottom pocket. I don't think it's anymore difficult than a balenciaga city and it's a non-fussy bag. The top handle strap is easy to shoulder carry or handcarry like the City. Bonus points for the removable crossbody strap :biggrin:

Thanks so much !! the pandora’s resale value is really affordable for me too so this is a great option. Would you be able to post mod shots at all, maybe even some of you reaching in a pocket while carrying?
Thanks again!!

I did see this listing and I usually just like my cities in a fun color, and also if i’m paying nearly 800 for a bal bag, it shouldn’t have cracked glazing or handle creases in my opinion. Bal has gone down a ton in resale value and while I think sometimes the chèvre leather can be worth a bit more, definitely not this much more. (to me at least) I also do have a grey wool part time with sienna leather trim, and the color is gorgeous but just wouldn’t get that much use from me compared to the other colors i have if that makes sense.
I understand
we all have our preferences
I have one City - black. At one time I thought I'd like to have another one - grey or taupe - but not sure now. I've been carrying larger bags with larger outside pockets and now City seems a bit small function-wise. Proportion-wise I love it though.

Reactions: louie_louie
I have the larger Pandora and I love it, I've just purchased a second one. You can carry the larger size on the shoulder with the handle, you don't need the long strap, and the bottom zipped pocket is plenty large enough that you don't have to go into the big black hole at the top, which is reminiscent of the Bal Day in that respect. Mine is really smooshy, there are various leathers to choose from. Here it is compared to a Day Bag. Second mod shot is me, I'm 5'2" for reference.

IU2DjCniS12pdaRYBlSHmQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_e0c.jpeg

Thanks so much !! the pandora’s resale value is really affordable for me too so this is a great option. Would you be able to post mod shots at all, maybe even some of you reaching in a pocket while carrying?
Thanks again!!

Here are some mod shots of the small pandora( I'm 5'5").

My mom has been "borrowing" it (she hasn't given it back...) so unfortunately I can't provide the hand in the pocket shot:-s

The pandora is definitely one of my favorites, so much so that I also highly recommend the mini!

The medium pandora is also a great choice since it has an 3rd pocket on the bottom, like on @muchstuff's photo. It's reminiscent of the small zip pocket on the bal city.
unnamed-2.jpgunnamed.jpg

I have the larger Pandora and I love it, I've just purchased a second one. You can carry the larger size on the shoulder with the handle, you don't need the long strap, and the bottom zipped pocket is plenty large enough that you don't have to go into the big black hole at the top, which is reminiscent of the Bal Day in that respect. Mine is really smooshy, there are various leathers to choose from. Here it is compared to a Day Bag. Second mod shot is me, I'm 5'2" for reference.

View attachment 5070770View attachment 5070773
Here are some mod shots of the small pandora( I'm 5'5").

My mom has been "borrowing" it (she hasn't given it back...) so unfortunately I can't provide the hand in the pocket shot:-s

The pandora is definitely one of my favorites, so much so that I also highly recommend the mini!

The medium pandora is also a great choice since it has an 3rd pocket on the bottom, like on @muchstuff's photo. It's reminiscent of the small zip pocket on the bal city.
View attachment 5070848View attachment 5070849

Oh wow. These mod shots are quite convincing :loveeyes::loveeyes: I’m loving the look of it especially compared to the day!! The look of the sheepskin is also so cool and very bal like in a way. Im definitely gonna have to try this bag out soon..
Thanks guys!!! You both rock them flawlessly!! Also loving those boots muchstuff :tup:

Reactions: louie_louie
Oh wow. These mod shots are quite convincing :loveeyes::loveeyes: I’m loving the look of it especially compared to the day!! The look of the sheepskin is also so cool and very bal like in a way. Im definitely gonna have to try this bag out soon..
Thanks guys!!! You both rock them flawlessly!! Also loving those boots muchstuff :tup:
Thanks! Here's a pic of the one I have on layaway...try to imagine it not stuffed!

94fb668ffabf1acaa7144f192affe27e.jpg

Good luck in your search!

Reactions: miumiu666
That leather looks gorgeous! Is that the sheepskin as well or is that a different leather? I love the look of this bag not stuffed, I think the listings i would see would always have the bag stuffed which was why I initially was turned off.. but these are looking lovely!
I really didn't care for it either until I found mine locally and the leather looked so good I took a chance. SO many bags are stuffed on websites and don't look anything like they do IRL. This one's sheepskin according to FP.

Reactions: miumiu666