Bag styles that are similar to the Chloe Paddy?

Feb 2, 2006
Hi there! Newbie posting here. It's so cool to "meet" other women with a similar addiction!

I would love, love, love a Paddy (or a Jimmy Choo Ramona!) but the price and rarity are forcing me to look into comparable bags. I really like the Paddy's size, casualness, and the slouchy leather style with just enough grommets and metal detail to give it distinction. I also like how updated it looks without looking too "in the moment" and uber-trendy. I want a bag that I can use for years to come and that won't start to look dated.

Can you think of any other bags out there that are similar to the Paddy in the above ways? If so, I'd love to see some pictures!

As for price range, I'd prefer something under 1K USD.

Thanks in advance!
Kristy

amanda said:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod26340020&parentId=cat8600731&masterId=cat620737&index=3&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat620737cat8600731

i really love this bag, isabella fiore makes fabulous things, very high quality, and the price is reasonable, IMO. saw it this weekend and it was quite pretty and larger and slouchier than i had anticipated.

Hey, that IS rather cute! I like the black, it reminds me of Gerard Darel.

KristyDarling said:
Hi there! Newbie posting here. It's so cool to "meet" other women with a similar addiction!

I would love, love, love a Paddy (or a Jimmy Choo Ramona!) but the price and rarity are forcing me to look into comparable bags. I really like the Paddy's size, casualness, and the slouchy leather style with just enough grommets and metal detail to give it distinction. I also like how updated it looks without looking too "in the moment" and uber-trendy. I want a bag that I can use for years to come and that won't start to look dated.

Can you think of any other bags out there that are similar to the Paddy in the above ways? If so, I'd love to see some pictures!

As for price range, I'd prefer something under 1K USD.

Thanks in advance!
Kristy

Check out the bag that is discussed in this post. The slouchy leather and the handles are somewhat similar to the Chloe Paddington. The price is definitely in the range you are looking for.

http://forum.purseblog.com/showthread.php?t=3373

Amanda, Irissy, handbagaddict, Wickedassin -- thank you so much. :smile:

The Rafe is cute, I like it in white especially.

I love the color of that Moni Moni bag...and the slouchiness is perfect but my only hesitation is that one side of the purse is completely flat and plain, which seems odd. I'm a Libra and crave symmetry. :smile:

The black leather ring bag from NM is the perfect size for me and the handle length is just right, but I'm not a huge fan of contrast stitching.

I adore that Betsy Johnson! I wish the handles were a tad longer but otherwise, it's exactly what I want.

Why is the search for the perfect bag so d@mn hard??? [whine] Me want Paddy!