Bag style dilemma

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Fellow LV lovers,
I am debating between purchasing the pochette Metis or a speedy 30 (original) in damier ebene. I know they are completely different bags, but I'd love to know your thoughts to help me with this choice. I prefer structured bags, so both work in this regard. Do you like the looks/ function of one vs the other? Awaiting your comments! Thanks in advance!

I purchased the speedy last week, but haven't carried her yet. When I was in the boutique I couldn't help admiring the pochette Metis. I don't own a crossbody bag, so this would fit that "need". Should I exchange my speedy 30 for the pochette Metis? For the record, I'm not a fan of the speedy b for my needs. Thanks!

Well, since crossbody bags seem to be a big trend and you don't like the speedy b version, then get the pochette metis if that's what your striving for. The speedy is only handheld which gives a completely different look. I like the pm it's very chic and can be worn three ways. It's something you have to ask yourself whether you want a hand held bag at all times or versatility of a crossbody bag. I have the pm and it's my all time favorite bag..GL with your decision I know it's hard!!! :smile:

Thanks for your input! I live the look of the pm. It's simply elegant and though a Speedy will always remain classic, it does have its limitations. Can you carry your daily essentials in your pm? I want a bag I can use daily. I do switch bags, but not on a daily basis. I don't need a work bag, I work from home. Thanks!

I purchased the speedy last week, but haven't carried her yet. When I was in the boutique I couldn't help admiring the pochette Metis. I don't own a crossbody bag, so this would fit that "need". Should I exchange my speedy 30 for the pochette Metis? For the record, I'm not a fan of the speedy b for my needs. Thanks!
Hi! Well, between these two bags I would prefer the PM if it is large enough for your needs. I have owned several Speedy bags over the years and if you like structure, the canvas Speedy does not retain a structured shape over time. Also I would consider that you can wear the PM 3 different ways.... after the cross body trend has come and gone, you will still have a great classic bag for hand / shoulder carry. Although the Speedy is an iconic bag, the PM really is a well made modern day classic IMHO. GLD!

Perfect! Those are the items I carry on a daily basis as well, and the zippered pocket on the back will be for my cell phone. I'm convinced this is a better option for me right now. I currently carry the Chanel Cerf tote in black caviar with good hardware. It's about the same size as the Speedy 30 and it's a structured bag that I use as my daily handbag. I have never exchanged a bag at LV, but in this case I feel it's worth it. Thanks for sharing!

I carry the same things as yogagirl70 in mine along with a travel size hairspray. I put my chargers, lipgloss, ear buds, hair types, travel size Advil all in my mini pochette and then the phone is in the back pocket for easy access...you won't regret the pochette metis...

Really both are great bags!! But yes they are completely different bags. I guess you have to decide if you want a Crossbody small bag or handheld big bag which can be a tad of a bottomless pit without a purse organizer inside. I guess you need to ask yourself what the use for the bag will be and choose what ever fits yours needs at the moment. To me you get more for your money with the Speedy 30. I can't see spending that much for a small bag even though I love the pouchette metis.

Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma. I've decided to keep my Speedy 30 and purchase a pochette Metis as well. They are both beautiful and worth owning, in my opinion. The Metis will fill my need for a cross body bag and the fact it can be carried multiple ways is a bonus. It is practical and elegant! The Speedy is iconic and it's my only bag in damier ebene. It's a great everyday bag and no vachetta to worry about.

I'm relatively new to tpf, and am hoping someone can share with me how to participate on threads started by other members? I love this site! Thanks!

Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma. I've decided to keep my Speedy 30 and purchase a pochette Metis as well. They are both beautiful and worth owning, in my opinion. The Metis will fill my need for a cross body bag and the fact it can be carried multiple ways is a bonus. It is practical and elegant! The Speedy is iconic and it's my only bag in damier ebene. It's a great everyday bag and no vachetta to worry about.

I'm relatively new to tpf, and am hoping someone can share with me how to participate on threads started by other members? I love this site! Thanks!
This is the best idea yet.... totally different bags!:welcome2: Be sure to do a reveal when you get your PM!

I love my Speedy B30. I like a bag that's easy to get in and out of. I'm not a fan of bags with partitions or a flap closure. I don't like taking the time with opening and closing a bag, especially in shops. It depends on your personal preference.