Bag Spa sending away for authentication?

May 19, 2014
Hi Girls,
I recently sold my Chanel bag on eBay and the buyer is now claiming they took it to a bag spa who have sent it away to get authenticated because they believe it may be fake.
It's Authentic. Has anyone ever heard of a bag spa sending a bag somewhere to be authenticated? This really sounds fishy to me!

Hi Girls,
I recently sold my Chanel bag on eBay and the buyer is now claiming they took it to a bag spa who have sent it away to get authenticated because they believe it may be fake.
It's Authentic. Has anyone ever heard of a bag spa sending a bag somewhere to be authenticated? This really sounds fishy to me!

Chanel has it's own version of "bag spa" that does cleaning and repairs on bags. Once the bag is sent in, if it's not authentic, Chanel won't do any work on it. It sounds like the buyer is too cheap to pay for their own authentication ($5-7), so they are letting the bag spa do it. They won't have any sort of documentation for this unless Chanel either accepts the bag for cleaning/repairs, or sends it back with a letter saying they can't do the work. I think this one will come back to bite the buyer in the ar*e because Chanel spa services are now incredibly expensive. Maybe they'll learn the next time to authenticate before buying (free here, $5-7 for Authenticate4U or Etinceler Authentications). It also sounds like your buyer is a pain in the ar*e.

Chanel has it's own version of "bag spa" that does cleaning and repairs on bags. Once the bag is sent in, if it's not authentic, Chanel won't do any work on it. It sounds like the buyer is too cheap to pay for their own authentication ($5-7), so they are letting the bag spa do it. They won't have any sort of documentation for this unless Chanel either accepts the bag for cleaning/repairs, or sends it back with a letter saying they can't do the work. I think this one will come back to bite the buyer in the ar*e because Chanel spa services are now incredibly expensive. Maybe they'll learn the next time to authenticate before buying (free here, $5-7 for Authenticate4U or Etinceler Authentications). It also sounds like your buyer is a pain in the ar*e.

Thank you so much for the response! I actually had in my listing that they could authenticate it for free here, or that they could pay ****************** etc.
The company he says he gave it to are called my bag spa and according to him are located in Brisbane, Australia but you have me thinking now and perhaps that company then sent it to Chanel.

Thank you so much for the response! I actually had in my listing that they could authenticate it for free here, or that they could pay ****************** etc.
The company he says he gave it to are called my bag spa and according to him are located in Brisbane, Australia but you have me thinking now and perhaps that company then sent it to Chanel.

Whatever you do, hope it l works out but do not use *****************. They have made many authentication errors and have terrible reviews. Not to be confused with Authenticate4u. GL

My bag spa, is actually located in Melbourne and I live in Brisbane. I have never heard there's my bag spa here in Brisbane.