Bag SOLD while waiting on additional authentication photos :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    I am so sad! I have just learned that very soonafter I posted an authentication request for a vintage Gucci bag, it sold. I've been waiting for additional photos to post to have it authenticated. (I thought I had made the request correctly, as I read the rules carefully, but I apparently did not read to the second rules post, so had to request more photos from the buyer).

I truly do not think this is a coincidence, as this bag had been for sale for quite some time.

How can I prevent this happening again? I understand I didn't post everything I needed to in the original request, but I basically advertised this bag for the seller! Whom, I might add, has never bothered to let me know it is sold. :sad:

2. It happened to me a while back as well. I guess it's just a chance you take. I feel your pain.

3. Thanks. I guess this was a big lesson.

4. I had a vintage bag authenticated here (thank you so much) but I waited too long to buy it (it was a buy it now) and missed out. There will be another bag :smile: I'm still looking to replace my 1987 shoulder bag that was stolen...

5. What a shame ATL! Unfortunately this is the price you pay when you authenticate...not the first or last time. Keep looking, fingers crossed!

6. It's sad but I think it's better to be sure

7. I'm so sorry that happened. I know you have to be really frustrated.

I had something similar happen a while ago. I had been looking at a bag that sat on eBay for a while. The minute I posted that I was excited about the bag and was bidding on it, I ended up in a bidding war with one other person that I eventually lost. Unfortunately, there is no "honor" with lurkers. 😕 So I don't ever, ever, ever make a post about a bag til I own it.

Here are the ways I prevent this: either I buy the item first (if I'm pretty sure it's authentic) then get authentication or I spend the $7-20 to have it authenticated through a reputable service while it's still listed and then buy.

It's a shame that we can't always utilize the wonderful service that our lovely TPF'rs offer to us. But this is a public forum.