Bag Recommendations

Driddle

Jun 30, 2016
I'm a huge fan of the crossbody and larger style bags (like the Alexa, Bayswater, Del Rey etc..) and have a growing collection under my belt. I am now looking for a smaller evening bag to add to the collection, in particular one that would be suitable for a gala type event. Looking for some recommendations of styles that people covet or can't live without, happy to take a look at anything you can come up with as I love both plain and adorned styles!

Thanks in advance!

I'm a huge fan of the crossbody and larger style bags (like the Alexa, Bayswater, Del Rey etc..) and have a growing collection under my belt. I am now looking for a smaller evening bag to add to the collection, in particular one that would be suitable for a gala type event. Looking for some recommendations of styles that people covet or can't live without, happy to take a look at anything you can come up with as I love both plain and adorned styles!

Thanks in advance
Lily is the classic mulberry small evening bag, you really can’t go wrong woth a lily. For gala wear I would’ve said a wallet on chain, but don’t think mulberry stocks these any more, so you’d have to search pre-loved.

Thanks in advance!
I probably should have said that I am fine with preloved :smile: In fact I prefer older styles to the new ones. Not a fan of the texgtured grain at all!

Reactions: 24shaz
I probably should have said that I am fine with preloved :smile: In fact I prefer older styles to the new ones. Not a fan of the texgtured grain at all!
Me too :biggrin:

I’d definitely say a WoC, the Bayswater clutch wallet for a classic style, or the Harriet or Bow WoC (I think that’s what the style was called) if you want a bit more sparkle.

Thanks in advance!
Try the small Darley...it's a lovely bag

When visiting London this summer, I fell in love with the Iris bag. It's gorgeous (especially with the multicolored strap) and it's surprisingly roomy. It's on my list of bags to buy next.

Thanks in advance!
There’s a pre-loved on eBay at the moment:
Vintage Oversized Mulberry Josephine Congo Clutch Black
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125372387310#:~:text=eBay item number:-,125372387310,-Last updated on

It’s not mine by the way, I saw it, put it on my watch list for another time as I have bought too many bags this year, then saw your post and thought I would let you know.

There’s a pre-loved on eBay at the moment:
Vintage Oversized Mulberry Josephine Congo Clutch Black
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125372387310#:~:text=eBay item number:-,125372387310,-Last updated on

It’s not mine by the way, I saw it, put it on my watch list for another time as I have bought too many bags this year, then saw your post and thought I would let you know.
The event has been and gone now, I couldn't locate a pre-loved Mulberry I liked so I went with an Alexander McQueen.

However...I love that one!!