Bag recommendation for mother

Feb 13, 2006
USA
Hi everyone,
I don't know much about LV and not in this forum often- only have their SLG and I know the Neverfull, Speedy etc. I want to buy a monogram or damier handbag for my mom (she is 60) but need some recommendations. I want a medium size daytime shoulder bag, and something that is classic and won't be dated in the next several years. I looked on their website but don't know which styles have been around for a while and classic, and which ones are new or more seasonal. I know she likes the Neverfull but I think the lack of zipper would be an issue. My budget is $2000 or less. I appreciate any recommendations!
Thank you!

Louisgyal37

Feb 3, 2013
Lawrenceville, GA
Hi everyone,
I don't know much about LV and not in this forum often- only have their SLG and I know the Neverfull, Speedy etc. I want to buy a monogram or damier handbag for my mom (she is 60) but need some recommendations. I want a medium size daytime shoulder bag, and something that is classic and won't be dated in the next several years. I looked on their website but don't know which styles have been around for a while and classic, and which ones are new or more seasonal. I know she likes the Neverfull but I think the lack of zipper would be an issue. My budget is $2000 or less. I appreciate any recommendations!
Thank you!
Lots of options...Speedy B30, Duomo, Siena, Turenne to name a few. If she really likes the NF, you could always purchase a zipped purse organizer from sites like Amazon, Etsy, or purse bling.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

Mar 14, 2012
Hi everyone,
Thank you!
Totally has been around for many years but it is not a classic. I do not believe there is a tote with a zipper that is an icon of the house. You could go with a Neverfull and use an organizer with a zipper or choose something simple that won't look outdated like Totally or Iena. GL!

Reactions: Sonmi999
Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Hi everyone,
Thank you!
Would she definitely carry an LV bag? If so, I'd narrow down the canvas first - what would she wear? I know my mother (just slightly older) wouldn't wear anything in monogram as she just finds it too loud (that said, she liked the mini monogram and mini lin lines).

Reactions: ccbaggirl89

jng2b

O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
The Speedy B has an adjustable strap that can be used as a shoulder bag or as a crossbody, and can also be detached and used hand-held. I love my Speedy B and the Speedy is definitely a classic.

Reactions: SSmom02

nvie

29 countries...
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
Asia
My 67 year old mom has Monogram, Totally PM and Damier Ebene, Siena PM. She loves them.

She likes totes with zipped top, so Neverfull is a no no for her. I don't think she likes the Speedy, too bulky to be carried crossbody and she doesn't like handheld only bags

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
lots of women like a crossbody strap option (which NF and other totes lack), so maybe look at the Siena, Turenne, or even Croisette.

Kitty157

May 15, 2015
Hi everyone,
Thank you!
If she likes the NF, but ur concerned about the open top, they have a Iéna MM which is comparable to the NF but with a zipper and a large outside zippered pocket and wider (more comfy) shoulder straps . It's a newer bag, so it's not a classic, but neither is the NF technically. They have it in Monogram print and by end of month I it's coming out in DE print, which is a pretty carefree print. There's a review of it on YouTube if ur curious. Good luck, and that's such a nice thing you're doing for ur mom!
Edit- just now saw a few people mentioned this bag. Didn't mean to repeat info.

Reactions: sayhitoromes