Bag per Year

Feb 29, 2008
How many bags do you buy each year and how many LV bags per year? Do you recycle bags, selling them when they no longer get used as often? I wear LV but also less expensive brands like Coach and Dooney, so I buy probably at least 10 bags per year, and maybe 1 new LV, maybe one or two pre-loved as well. I was thinking that I may want to stick with LV so I can invest in them more often. I also tend to tire of my bags, selling them when I want something new. I admire the ladies who buy one LV bag and just wear it everyday. Then, when they wear it out, they get a new one. Part of me wants to be this way, but I'm just so fickle! What do you do?

I buy and sell as well when I get bored, but I find that I just really love my LV bags. I don't buy more than 3 bags a year but they're all high end and under $3,000.

I'm planning to buy 2 bags each year (LV both), because I'm a student I don't have a lot of money (more than others happily). But I will never sell my bags, I buy them with the thought of keeping them forever. :smile:

I don't buy more than 3-5 expensive bags per year normally. That includes LV, Fendi, whatever. As far as more reasonably priced (i.e. Coach, Dooney, RM, etc...), I purchase these more frequently, typically whenever I find something that I really like and think that I will use for years.

I only carry LV, too. I usually buy 2-3 new bags each year and maybe a couple of preowned bags a year. I sell bags that I'm not using to help fund new ones!!

I've bought and sold many bags (premium designer and contemporary) but I've sold most of my bags and want to get back into Louis Vuitton bags. It seems the styles are more timeless and the other ones are fads. With LV I could only buy 2-3 bags a year because of the price point. I think that's why I would buy the cheaper bags because I could get more but now I want quality over quantity.

I only wear LV. At work I am known as the LV girl. I buy about 3-4 of them per year, but I don't buy many SLGs. I may buy a few of those this year. We shall see. I have 2 Chanel bags, 2 Gucci, and Burberry as well, but I rarely ever use them.

I am an LV girl too. I prefer LV over all other brands. I have started looking at chanel and hermes, but I haven't found anything that I am really in love with, so I will stick with LV.

I buy 1-2 bags per year. Now that I have been collecting for a while, in 2011 I started selling the ones that were sitting in my closet. LV's quality has been so high that I have not had issues with my bags.

I haven't spent the funds from my first sale yet either :graucho:

I think LV is great for people who change their mind, as the resale value is quite reasonable on most LV lines.