Bag orders in! Thank you for sharing your knowledge

kenzie1980

Patina in progress
Feb 14, 2008
I can't thank you ladies enough for your encyclopedic knowledge of H and the gorgeous pictures you post (I love virtual shopping!). All of your generous help prepared me for this moment:

I went to the Cleveland H store today and found a lovely scarf for my Mom. I nearly passed out when I saw all the scarves they had hidden in the drawers. Lyon was unbelievably sweet and has found her way into my heart as "my" SA. The best part, though, was that I was able to order BOTH my etoupe Kelly and my raisin Birkin dream bags. She said that the orders would be placed in July and that she expected the Kelly to arrive first. She also will be keeping an eye out for the 28 black Kelly on my list and let me know if the store gets one.

I did put down deposits for both bag orders since that's that store's policy. I didn't mind, though. Just knowing that the H fairies now have specific requests from me gives me a delicious feeling of anticipation.

Even though it will still be quite some time before my bags arrive, I now have something specific to look forward to! :yahoo:

I felt like I was on a pilgrimage to get to this place! It's truly off the beaten path, but it was worth the 3 hour drive. I can't wait to go back when the new fall scarf inventory arrives.

congratulations to you. this is the first time i heard of deposits when putting an order. if you dont mind me ask, what percentage did they ask for?

This store's policy is $2500 per bag. As Lyon sweetly put it, "If you commit to us, we'll commit to you."

I'm actually surprised that more stores don't ask for deposits for specific orders. On the other hand, I doubt that any store would have trouble moving rejected Kellys and Birkins out the door!

It's an independently-owned H boutique, so I'm not surprised its policies are different than the mother stores. It's not exactly in a shopping destination. You have to AIM for this place!