• YSL clutch

• Chanel WOC

• Something else - please add suggestions

Results are only viewable after voting.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
I have about $1000 in cash that my parents gave me to buy some Christmas/ birthday goodies with that my husband does not know about - it's shameful, I know, but he was fully aware that he married an only child. As you may recall from my last few posts, DH does not like the handbag addiction. But he also does not like buying things for more money if I could have bought them for less, especially if the purchase was inevitable. This price increase makes it difficult not to consider buying something now. I value your opinions so please help, or add other suggestions (no more mono items though)

I love the Lady Pumps in Amarante as they would match the Rossmore clutch. I also love the Oh Really Pumps or Peep-toes because the lock on the back is divine. Anyone have these - I doubt they are comfortable, but some shoes are just so painful that they are just not worth their cuteness.

I can buy an Azur Totally, which seems cute and practical or an Eva to replace the one that I took back that DH bought me, as I did hurt his feelings.

My other thoughts were none LV items - YSL logo clutch in the bronze to match the Platform Tribs that I presaled yesterday - http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Yves-...-Clutch-Bronze-Pewter-Clutches/prod138310076/

Or another Chanel WOC (I have a few In circle cards to add to the secret fund) as I absolutely adore them, though they cost a fortune for such a tiny thing.

OR what I really want - the Citadine PM in Infini, which will result in a significant charge on the credit card bill . . . DH would not be happy but with the rice increase he would be less happy to buy it later. And I would happily be on a ban for the rest of 2012! And it could be my Valentine's Day present.

I agree and vote Citadine tote. I would hate for my DH to get mad at me BUT there's that fear of how much it'll cost after the price increase. I mean, I was floored at how much the mahinas cost after the price increase back in January of 2011! It seems like the empreinte line is doing well and my guess is LV will significantly increase the prices from that line but who knows really.

ordinarily I am not a shoe-girl - but I did vote for the pumps. They will match your clutch that you bought, and are beautiful and are within budget.

Also, given that your DH is still a little hurt over you taking back the Christmas presents, I don't think you should "poke the bear" and charge your credit card with even more LV... Trust me, he won't let you forget it...

I voted for the Citadine because it's what you really want. Why spend $1000 on stuff you don't care about as much? If you love the Citadine that much you will probably end up buying it later anyway.

Whatever you do, I don't think I would get shoes just because they don't last the way a purse does. My purses just seem to last forever and don't show much wear but shoes no matter how expensive get scuffed, worn down, whatever so I don't like to spend as much on shoes. Although I have to walk a lot, maybe you aren't as hard on shoes.

I voted for the Citadine because it's what you really want. Why spend $1000 on stuff you don't care about as much? If you love the Citadine that much you will probably end up buying it later anyway.

Whatever you do, I don't think I would get shoes just because they don't last the way a purse does. My purses just seem to last forever and don't show much wear but shoes no matter how expensive get scuffed, worn down, whatever so I don't like to spend as much on shoes. Although I have to walk a lot, maybe you aren't as hard on shoes.

Shoes are definitely not the best investment . . . but I love 'em!

I voted for the pumps. If they aren't the full amount your parents gave you, then you can use the rest to start saving for the Citadine. I agree that you need to wait a bit before you the Citadine. Besides, it will give you something to look forward to.

this time, i will not vote for something that u really want.

instead, get the eva and show him that u really appreciate what he get for you. and u miss that bag now.... IMO that is more important than anything else.

u can get the citadine for ur birthday :biggrin:

Thank you again for all the input - this is why I love TPF!

Update - I may be the luckiest girl in the world. I won't be getting the Citadine because I don't need her now. I'm not sure if I will be getting anything, though shoes seem more likely now.

My darling husband decided to give me a present for Russian Christmas, also prompted by an impending price increase, and what I REALLLLLY wanted: a Blue Chanel GST

I pick her up tomorrow when my favorite SA will be a Neiman Marcus, but she is held in the back.

Whatever I decide to do at this point, it will surely be the last major purchase for 2012.