Bag lost, so sad =((

SweetOnPurses

Jul 31, 2008
HI Everyone.
I really don't know what to do anymore. Sadly this was my FIRST ebay item i have sold. I send out a package for this lady using piority mail on August 7th and she have never receive it. When i check on the tracking number it just kept saying acceptence. I call in just about everyday and they kept giving me the run around saying to call back tomorrow or they will check on my item. Of course i felt bad for the buyer and i refunded her money on the 16th. Is the package gone for ever? Is there any further action i can take?

thanks for all your help.

So the thing about priority mail is that the estimate 3-4 days, but don't guarantee it. Personally, I wouldn't call the PO, I would go down there with your tracking number, explain the situation, and in my experience they can often be more helpful there than on the phone.

I hope it was insured too, but you never know, it hasn't been crazy long considering there have been a few weekends in there, it could still show up! It's also possible it's waiting at her PO for her to pick up. Usually they only indicate "delivered" but not "waiting for delivery". So that might be worth a check too...

Do you totally trust the buyer? Hopefully you insured it, sometimes the packages don't get scanned as delivered, in which case the tracking would continue to read "accepted for delivery" or whatever. Even if they can't find out what happened, the PO won't refund unless it was insured.

If she is scamming you, she may have the purse AND your refund. If the tracking is saying "accepted," perhaps that means it has been delivered? Need more info. Sure hope you insured this??!?!?!?!?
Send the link of the auction and more details here maybe??The PF detectives can get on the case and help.

Unfortunately this was the first item i sold on ebay and didn't realize how the usps work. I didn't buy insurance but believe me i'll spend that extra few bucks next time no matter what. I know nothing about selling on ebay. I know it is a lost cost for me but just want to see if there is a chance or anything i didn't do yet. Since i don't know the buyer i really don't know if she is really trustworthy or not. I just wanted to be fair that if it wasn't in her hand then i felt that i have to pay her back. I know i would have want someone to treat me the same.

I"m selling my old purses to fund a new purse but looks like i'm out of luck.

anyways here is the listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140255112144&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=004

and this is what it say on Track and Confirm and it is stuck there since the day i send it out

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Your item was accepted at 12:41 PM on August 7, 2008 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

thanks for all your help

~Mindy~

I am so sorry. Definitely get insurance in the future since that is your only recouse if a package is lost. The notice you received it what the post office indicates once the fact that you gave them the package is in the system. It should be updated by now with the other places it has been and if it has been delivered. Defininitely go there in person and see what is going on.

well it proves you mailed it. she could very well have received it and being dishonest. or it could be taking longer and it's on its way. i think maybe you refunded too quickly. is she willing to re-pay if it turns up?
did you go into the post office and inquire about it?

I've had a package take 10 days to go from Arizona to California.. and that was also priority mail. Always insure EVERYTHING you sell, since you risk being out both the $$ and the item if your buyer does a chargeback.

So I was looking at the delivery confirmation of my last order off of Ebay. I noticed that when it had arrived at my local post office it had stated it had arrived (like your delivery confirmation notice). When it was delivered to my house ... the exact words used were: "Status: Delivered, Your item was delivered at <insert time> on <insert date> in <insert city and zip code>. I think that your package is held up at your seller's post office and she should have inquired about it there. Or... maybe USPS didnt update their delivery information?

Thanks Ladies for the suggestion. I might actually call her post office tomorrow. I actually called her post office last week and they also gave me the run around and ask me to call my post office(which i did call my post office, they where the one told me to call her post office). I feel like i'm going around in circles. Sigh

I really thought her package will arrive in 2-3 days since she actually live 30 mins away. My husband say that we should have just drove down to her house and hand it to her LOL. Now to think of it if i go down to her house there wouldn't be evidence that it was delivered then she could might as well tell ebay or paypal i never send her her bag. Ok now i'm super paronoid LOL.

OK hopefully she receive the bag and is honest enough to let me know and either pay me or return the bag to me.

thanks ladies

~Mindy~

Sometimes, it takes the Postal a longer time to deliver then expected. I recently sent out a package and told the buyer it would take 1-6 days to arrive and buyer notified me that package hasn't arrived and it's been 2 weeks, so I -mailed back, apologetic and said please kindly wait for 2-3 more days and if it doesn't show up, I would take care of the problem. The package eventually showed up 3 days later. So sometimes, it just takes longer and the buyer needs to be patient.