Bag lost at Spa 13 months ago. Still waiting for Replacement-Update pg 9

Jan 20, 2009
I was "granted" my first and probably last SO when Hermes lost a Box Kelly 28 that I had sent back for a spa at the end of October 2014. My local store informed me at the end of Jan 2015 that it had been lost and I eventually ordered its replacement in April 2015. To say that my local store were unhelpful is an understatement so I had to go much higher to get any kind of action. Eventually I ordered a black chèvre (box wasn't available!!) Kelly 28 with vermillion interior and ruthenium hw. Now at the time I knew I had a wait on my hands but the longer I wait the more frustrated I become. Kelly's are being churned out every day but they can't get their act together to replace the one that they lost. I had thought I would be a priority but seemingly not. I complained at the beginning of September and was told the skins had to be selected carefully but they would try to get some visibility on delivery. Nearly 3 months later and I have had no further update. Needless to say the Hermes dining room suite I was going to buy was bought elsewhere and at this moment I can't imagine ever buying anything from this brand again.

Question is: What would you do now??

I am saddened *deeply* by this story. I can't imagine a brand of heritage losing a box bag and then not immediately replacing it. I have no idea what to advise . . . . It only makes me a bit relieved I don't consider buying bags at the boutique and that I prefer vintage ones I can spiff back to glowing life. The last time I asked Madison about spiffing up a bag for me, the attitude and tone was so snappish, I knew I'd rather wear the bag till it's threadbare than let them touch it.

Oh dear!! Surely there is someone you could escalate this issue to? Even higher than previously? Have you emailed Hermes customer services or only spoken with the store direct? Depending on which country you reside in you could try to find out if there are consumer rights regarding this issue? Maybe once Hermes knows you are obtaining external advice and support to resolve the issue they would be more forthcoming with a solution?
Sounds awful, good luck.

Yikes. I am sorry to hear this. I have always had wonderful experiences with the spa at Madison. I would ask to speak to a director, regional or otherwise. (your SO sounds beautiful, but I can't believe they didn't replace your bag with a box bag)

Omg, I am so sorry dear...
But perhaps your SO can arrive anytime now? I would contact management and explain the situation to see if they can help. At least they should give you an update. And while Chevre is beautiful, I think they should replace yours with Box in the first place, since it is not your fault that they 'lost' it. And yes, I also agree that your order should have priority.
I hope management can do something for you so that you feel better.
Once again, I am so sorry and I hope all works out. Good luck :flowers:.

I sincerely hope they get a new bag to you soon. How do they manage to lose someone's bag???!!! Clearly, something is terribly amiss with their chain of custody. The bag didn't just walk away. :thinking:

I am saddened *deeply* by this story. I can't imagine a brand of heritage losing a box bag and then not immediately replacing it. I have no idea what to advise . . . . It only makes me a bit relieved I don't consider buying bags at the boutique and that I prefer vintage ones I can spiff back to glowing life. The last time I asked Madison about spiffing up a bag for me, the attitude and tone was so snappish, I knew I'd rather wear the bag till it's threadbare than let them touch it.

Arabesques I am with you. I won't buy another new bag again. Customer service falls such a long way short of what I would expect for a luxury brand. When this Kelly eventually arrived it will be my last new bag.

Yikes. I am sorry to hear this. I have always had wonderful experiences with the spa at Madison. I would ask to speak to a director, regional or otherwise. (your SO sounds beautiful, but I can't believe they didn't replace your bag with a box bag)

It was a UK Director who I escalated to after my store did absolutely nothing. In Sept I escalated to Paris and got passed back to the UK who were in communication with Paris to provide an update on delivery. Nearly 3 months ago and still waiting.

I was reticent about complaining big time as I thought I would make things worse and would be blacklisted (you hear those stories in tPF) but now I couldn't care less if I was.

Oh dear!! Surely there is someone you could escalate this issue to? Even higher than previously? Have you emailed Hermes customer services or only spoken with the store direct? Depending on which country you reside in you could try to find out if there are consumer rights regarding this issue? Maybe once Hermes knows you are obtaining external advice and support to resolve the issue they would be more forthcoming with a solution?
Sounds awful, good luck.

Yes, there is a legal process in the UK and it's an option I have considered but just so time consuming and final. I l will escalate back to Paris and see what happens. I just fear that I will really annoy someone and I will be waiting for years for this replacement. Dealing with Hermes is like herding cats. Impossible.

It's just good to rant and get a sanity check that I am not being unreasonable.

I am sorry this happened to you. It is completely unacceptable for any company, and especially Hermes as an high-end retailer, to not expedite the replacement of your bag when it is their fault. And, to still not have your SO 13 months out is pathetic customer service. You have every right to be angry and frustrated. I would continue to call for answers. Good luck.

I am also really sorry to hear this. I do NOT think you are being unreasonable. When you entrust an item to a vendor for repair, they are responsible for said item.

Hermes really should have kept you in the loop regarding the replacement bag.

I truly hope you get your bag promptly.