Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

So the MaiTai insert that I ordered for my Lindy 26 arrived :smile: The insert isn't made for the Lindy 26--instead, it's for the Birkin 25, but is listed as fitting the Lindy per customer feedback (http://maitaicollection.com/collect...for-other-bags-and-styles?variant=16818992449). I let MaiTai know when I ordered that I wanted it for the Lindy and she warned me that the dimensions may be a bit off, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyhow. There wasn't much information I could find about inserts for the Lindy 26 (and MaiTai's sounded like it might fit the bill--not too stiff, nice construction, etc). The insert is beautifully made, lightweight, and came very nicely packaged. It is not, however, a great fit for the Lindy in my opinion. It fits inside, but is much smaller than the bag (see picture). In addition, the bottom is stiffer than I expected--while the Lindy can still fold, I have to kind of "encourage" it a bit to get it to.

I want to emphasize that I think very highly of MaiTai and the insert--I have no complaints about the quality of the product. It just isn't the best fit for my Lindy. I have ordered the Samorga to try out, and will report back if that works out better.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Our search continues...

Ordered the newer version of the MaiTai insert after I got my Etain B (I had the older version which I find it a tat too soft and is now in my Lindy rather than Birkin). I also have the RP insert. So I will share some side by side pix later.

Comparing the new and old MaiTai insert, I do like the new one better as it feels more firm, but not stiff. I haven't tried fitting things into the pockets so I hope it doesn't fold in like in the past.

IMG_1485471166.002509.jpg
Lovely new packaging - a dustbag for their inserts

IMG_1485471037.092197.jpg
MaiTai insert in Ms Black

IMG_1485471062.177215.jpg
I've now shifted the RP to my Etain as the new leather is indeed softer than older leather

MaiTai vs RP
IMG_1485471093.735025.jpg

IMG_1485471138.067612.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1485471112.196579.jpg
    IMG_1485471112.196579.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 712
Juzluvpink, which one do you like the most? I can't decide if I should get the rp or maitai for my k28 and replace all my b inserts. The divide n conquer insert I got is starting to stretch both b30 and 35's and you can see where the inserts are. Thanks

Ordered the newer version of the MaiTai insert after I got my Etain B (I had the older version which I find it a tat too soft and is now in my Lindy rather than Birkin). I also have the RP insert. So I will share some side by side pix later.

Comparing the new and old MaiTai insert, I do like the new one better as it feels more firm, but not stiff. I haven't tried fitting things into the pockets so I hope it doesn't fold in like in the past.

View attachment 3586562

View attachment 3586554

View attachment 3586555
I've now shifted the RP to my Etain as the new leather is indeed softer than older leather

MaiTai vs RP
View attachment 3586556

View attachment 3586561

Thanks for posting! Your new MaiTai looks great. I love mine!

Juzluvpink, which one do you like the most? I can't decide if I should get the rp or maitai for my k28 and replace all my b inserts. The divide n conquer insert I got is starting to stretch both b30 and 35's and you can see where the inserts are. Thanks

I really like 7RP inserts but they are just so expensive! Lol

I haven't started using MaiTai. But it does looks promising. I shall give my review after I have the chance to use it.

Hi Serva. I have a new version of the k35 insert already. It's fabulous. See my comments above. I ordered a new b35 and k32 insert to replace my old ones which I will use for other storage purposes. Hoping o might need another size after my Paris trip [emoji6]

Hello! How do I know if I am buying the "new version" or is the new version the only version they sell on the MaiTai website now? Thanks!

Regarding MaiTai - are both 30 & 35 come with firmer design now? I actually do use the pockets mainly to store my things (I don't use slg), so hoping she has also improved the pockets structure to be firmer not fold inwards. Thank you.

View attachment 3586562

View attachment 3586554

View attachment 3586555

MaiTai vs RP
View attachment 3586556

View attachment 3586561

For those that have a 7RP ( 7 Rue Paradis) organizer insert - Can smaller items placed in the pockets be easily retrieved? I currently use a karo has a makeup/essentials bag and I'm tried of rummaging thru it to find stuff. I'm hoping that the 7rp will allow me to organize my makeup/essentials bag in it's pockets and forgo the karo - just need to be able to easily get the stuff out of the organizer's pocket ;)

Update on review of the various inserts. I have used the same items and slotted them in various pockets to see how the insert behaves...

IMG_1485608178.961253.jpg
Total of 9 pockets of various sizes, including 2 for slim items like pens and 2 pockets that the sides.
As the insert material is the firmest, items are slotted nicely without changing the shape of the insert.

IMG_1485608258.400995.jpg
New MaiTai insert. 6 pockets, 3 on each side. 4 bigger and 2 narrower pockets in total. Fatter items like my calvi pushed the insert outwards.

IMG_1485608311.795867.jpg
Old MaiTai inserts. Still managed to stay upright but is losing the shape of the insert.

IMG_1485608360.497663.jpg
Side by side pic of the new (left) and old (right) MaiTai insert. Both are B30 inserts.

Conclusion, I still love 7RP more, but I really "hate" the price (lol). MaiTai is a good alternative.

Thanks for letting me share and happy Lunar New Year to all who celebrates!

Update on review of the various inserts. I have used the same items and slotted them in various pockets to see how the insert behaves...

View attachment 3588142
Total of 9 pockets of various sizes, including 2 for slim items like pens and 2 pockets that the sides.
As the insert material is the firmest, items are slotted nicely without changing the shape of the insert.

View attachment 3588143
New MaiTai insert. 6 pockets, 3 on each side. 4 bigger and 2 narrower pockets in total. Fatter items like my calvi pushed the insert outwards.

View attachment 3588144
Old MaiTai inserts. Still managed to stay upright but is losing the shape of the insert.

View attachment 3588145
Side by side pic of the new (left) and old (right) MaiTai insert. Both are B30 inserts.

Conclusion, I still love 7RP more, but I really "hate" the price (lol). MaiTai is a good alternative.

Thanks for letting me share and happy Lunar New Year to all who celebrates!

Wonderful demonstration. Thank you for sharing.