Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

Does anyone use a MaiTai insert for their Evelyne PM? Not sure if I even "need" one and I wonder what it looks like inside the bag. The corners of the insert aren't rounded so I am concerned about the fit and it also looks "puffy", like ut would tale away a lot of space in the bag.
Any insight/pictures are appreciated ♥️
Thank you!
I don't have the Mai Tai but I have a 7RP and it has rounded corners. I never use it, it takes up way too much space in the bag even though it has credit card slots it's easier to use a card holder and no organizer.

Reactions: cali_to_ny and *JJ*
My insert for the Mini Lindy has just arrived from White Fox, and I have to say I’m very impressed with the quality of the insert. It’s made from pliable linen, the stitching is well done, and it’s flexible enough not to leave indentations on the leather.

I chose a cheery shade of Lemon to go with my Lime Mini Lindy. :smile:

Now I just need to find a bag pillow to fit the bag and I’ll be content! E0264F5E-7DDB-4578-82E7-F0D3F8241F62.jpeg472DF427-CEC5-4131-A795-35E1F08CB090.jpeg1D558B6D-9186-44DA-BE0E-DFEE02E086B3.jpeg3D2402A8-4F73-4C9E-835C-4CF17609AEE2.jpeg

Hi all,
My sa told me I’m getting a gris meyer k28 retourne in togo leather soon! It is my first quota bag! Super excited now and went through the thread looking for inspiration for bag inserts. It seems MaiTai is a popular choice. I saw that the general comments on MaiTai inserts are that they are soft and well made, won’t cause indentation to the leather.

May I ask if those who have been using MaiTai inserts for their retourne k or birkin for a while, can the insert of MaiTai prevent the togo leather from slouching? It is my first kelly. While I intend to use it as my workhorse, I still want to keep its shape and not slouching too much. Does the MaiTai insert provide enough support ?

And what kind of fabric did you choose? I noticed there are cotton, satin, linen etc. Any notable difference aside from the prints?

Thanks all!

Hi all,
My sa told me I’m getting a gris meyer k28 retourne in togo leather soon! It is my first quota bag! Super excited now and went through the thread looking for inspiration for bag inserts. It seems MaiTai is a popular choice. I saw that the general comments on MaiTai inserts are that they are soft and well made, won’t cause indentation to the leather.

May I ask if those who have been using MaiTai inserts for their retourne k or birkin for a while, can the insert of MaiTai prevent the togo leather from slouching? It is my first kelly. While I intend to use it as my workhorse, I still want to keep its shape and not slouching too much. Does the MaiTai insert provide enough support ?

And what kind of fabric did you choose? I noticed there are cotton, satin, linen etc. Any notable difference aside from the prints?

Thanks all!
@tutung, here is a link I posted for Maitai cotton insert for my Kelly 28 retourne:

Reactions: tutung
@tutung, here is a link I posted for Maitai cotton insert for my Kelly 28 retourne:
Thanks for showing me your previous post. Beautiful print! How is your bag holding up? Can the insert help prevent the kelly from slouching too much? Do you feel like the cotton insert has made your bag much heavier?

Thanks for showing me your previous post. Beautiful print! How is your bag holding up? Can the insert help prevent the kelly from slouching too much? Do you feel like the cotton insert has made your bag much heavier?
My bag is holding up well, have not used it much since I mostly work from home. I try not to keep the inert in the bag when I am not using it. The cotton insert is perfect for retourne bag, as I am afraid stiff ones may leave indent on the Togo leather. I ended up getting 7RP as well, I like them both but 7RP a little more bc the side pockets are more functional. The MaiTai actually takes less space for the days when I have more to carry. Both are very light weight. Congrats for your impending Kelly!

Reactions: tutung
My bag is holding up well, have not used it much since I mostly work from home. I try not to keep the inert in the bag when I am not using it. The cotton insert is perfect for retourne bag, as I am afraid stiff ones may leave indent on the Togo leather. I ended up getting 7RP as well, I like them both but 7RP a little more bc the side pockets are more functional. The MaiTai actually takes less space for the days when I have more to carry. Both are very light weight. Congrats for your impending Kelly!
Thank you so much for the insight!❤️ let me also take a look at the 7rp one!

Good Morning all...I recently received my Hermes SO 30 Birkin Swift Graphite with Malachite interior-Need some advice regarding
Mai Tai inserts-does anyone know the height of insert as there are no dimensions listed, when wearing Bag open I do not want anything that is too high that shows or distracts from the beauty of the inside lining....only want protection for my bag with my accessories.
Thanks so much any suggestions -input so appreciated

Does anyone have any recommendations for bag pillows for the Mini Lindy?

I’ve already ordered an insert from White Fox, so I just need to get a pillow to complete my care package lol!
Hi! Not sure if you’ve found one by now but wanted to share that the mini L pillow I got from DGaz (Amazon) has been wonderful and fits perfectly and hopefully will help keep its shape now that I’ve gotten it.

F0816439-94E5-431A-A601-2CDDA1F5C5C7.jpeg

Hi! Not sure if you’ve found one by now but wanted to share that the mini L pillow I got from DGaz (Amazon) has been wonderful and fits perfectly and hopefully will help keep its shape now that I’ve gotten it.

View attachment 5742384
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I ordered one from Midori.Preciselyyours to be delivered to Singapore so that I can get it when I go visit.

Hopefully that works well, otherwise, good to know that the DGAZ does the job well!

Reactions: litostar
I got two inserts from Soonibaginbag this week as well because I didn't want to buy another 7RP. I'm very impressed by them. They don't leave markings either and the colors are beautiful. Shipping was really fast to Germany. Didn't have to pay import fees.
I got inserts for my Hermès Evelyne PM and GM.

Hi, "sonnibaginbag" on etsy .. Do you know if there is a change of name or what ... Thank you and best regards.