Bag Inserts List: New Updates post #4,032

I bought a bagmate for myself and my winter RAOK buddy. I confess I have not used it, but it looked more elegant / less home sewn than some of the others.
Right now I have a large Chanel cosmetic bag that I keep all my loose items in.

I've used a Chameleon and I loved it at first but then I really got tired of having to move the fabric so my Dogon would fit in to its "slot". I ended up getting my H rainbow and I like it so much better than an organizer.

I have tried both the Purse Pleaser and Purse To Go. I love them both. If I had to pick a favorite though, it would be the Purse Pleaser. Since it's made of plastic, it's partitions stay put. Everything stands up and there is enough room for me to get my fingers in the compartments to pull things out. I bought mine at www.pursebling.com. Nice people there and they are very helpful.

I have a VIP liner - I notice a lot are US based and I am in the UK.

Advantages - machine washable, can be used as directed or "inside out". The "inside out" means that the inner lining of the H bag is not in contact with any of the bag contents so it is perfectly clean. Although I carry pens with lids/lipgloss with a firm lid, there is always the worry that if the pockets were on the "outside" (so directly in contact with the inner lining of the H bag), the bag could risk getting ruined if there was a "leak".

The purseket looks good (but US only?) as it had a rigid base, which would give structure to the bag, but it looks kind of "open" so contacts are in contact with the inside of the bag and could leak. Is this true?

The purse to go looks great though. Are there any UK based sites other than flydragonfly?

The chameleons I ordered never arrived, and the seller was extremely unhelpful so I'm upset enough not to purchase from them again. What is the H rainbow that everyone is talking about? It sounds promising.

I have yet to find the perfect insert.

The Chameleon is a bit too flimsy and has too many pockets. I get very frustrated trying to find things inside.
The Purse Pleaser looks interesting but I have to wonder if the edges will scratch the inside of my bags and/or my wallets and other items.

The H Rainbow would consist of different bright-colored H small leather goods: Karos, coin holders, Dogons, card holders, etc.

I vote for the chameleons.:yahoo:
I have 2 of them - one light , one dark. I like to change my bag frequently, so with a chameleon it takes a sec to take it out of one bag and into the next. I don't use most of the pockets, but it keeps the bag clean and my wallet is safely zippped up. The extra large fits my
birkin 35 's as well as several chanels [ my other addiction!!!]

The chameleons I ordered never arrived, and the seller was extremely unhelpful so I'm upset enough not to purchase from them again. What is the H rainbow that everyone is talking about? It sounds promising.
So sorry to hear that, Jadeite! Did they at least refund your money? :shocked:

I used the Chameleon for my canvas tote that I used as a diaper bag...gave structure to a floppy fabric bag, could overstuff the insert as well as stuff things on the outside of the insert without any problems. I don't use it in my 30cm Birkin because the added material and rigid sides of the bag made it a tight squeeze to get everything in, whereas without the insert, everything fit in perfectly without causing the bag to bulge. I just use soft makeup pouches to organize my stuff.