Bag I Just Got

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
I have been searching this board to see if I came up with a photo of a bag I just bought today at Neimans. My camera is not working and I wish I could post the bag. It's a soft satchel type bag with two handles that are braided on the bottom part and patent leather on the upper part.
It's a soft leather with a zipper pull and it has two huge round gold balls on each side of the handle where it connects to the bag. Both the front and back of the bag has the gold balls. Color is a metallic gold, a soft gold, not glitzy. Oh where is my camera when I need it?
Bag retails for $1,550.00 I got it for a great price - with discounts like $700 with tax but I'd love to know what season this bag is from and the style name. Maybe I can eventually get a photo on here. :sad:

I think I know the bag you mean, lolasmom, but I can't remember what it was called (if it even had a specific name).

It should give the name and the season on the hangtag, if you have one and if not, it will probably have a leather datecode tab somewhere in the lining.

I think it would have been from '07, or possibly S/S '08? But I'm not entirely sure, I'm afraid. :Push:

The hangtag unfortunately has nothing but the words Sac 091 Gold and numbers. I googled the numbers hoping I'd come up with a style name but was unsuccessful. Thanks for your reply.

it could be the pearl bag and they have some on Diabro:

8as534_8a846_489_01.jpg

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/192_524/products_id/15455

Thank you so much. Yes, that is my bag. So now my question is.......is it okay for the bottom of the bag to sag kind of when items are put in it. The leather is soft. When I took out all the paper the bag came packed with, and put in my "stuff" the bag lost its shape on the bottom and it looks bottom heavy. Is that bad?

nah - most Chloe bags are unconstructured if thats the right word. Their leather is thick & smooshy. Its ok to sag, i dont know if any have a hard bottom (snicker!).

^ Oh well, that's good to know, Mona. :yes: :tup:

I don't know, I guess, especially with all the authenticating I used to do, I'm just a bit paranoid, now? :s

I just feel safer buying anything that I know has been faked to a very high standard from authorised stores. :shrugs: