Bag goals for 2017

I´d love to get the Speedy 25 DA :heart: There are other items on my wishlist: Pochette Félicie DA, Mini Pochette Accessoires in DE, Pochette Accessoires NM in DE and DA ,Portemonnaie Rond Mono, Zippy Portemonnaie DA. But I know that I won`t be able to get them all in 2017.

Reactions: MokeyLV and j19
I do not plan on selling any of my bags from my current collection I am currently happy with all of them.

I don't really have any major bag plans. The only bag I am interested in right now is the Alma bb and I would like to wait till my birthday. If I get too many bags at once it just doesn't feel as special to me and I just got a Chanel, the WT NF and the Infro PM in the past couple months so I think I will take a break the start of 2017, I'm kind of pursed out! Unless of course a LE preloved pops up that spark my interest.

i cannot buy. i soooo need to keep that promise.. at least for a few months i know i can do it! unless i see a race item on resale, then... all bets are off.
i sold 9 bags last month so i feel excellent right now about what i have and only kept bags i truly love. i'd like to sell off maybe 4 more.
i'd like to try a 'new' designer in 2017, someone i've never purchased from before, like a dior, hermes, something from a designer new to me

My plan is to narrow down my choices and buy one of these; finally, a black bag! :biggrin:

louis-vuitton-tote-explorer-monogram-eclipse-fashion-show-selection--M40567_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
louis-vuitton-lockme-cabas-soft-leather--M42289_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
louis-vuitton-lockme-ii-soft-leather--M50252_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
louis-vuitton-boetie-monogram-empreinte-leather-handbags--M51750_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

By nature I'm a perpetual collector whether it's art, shoes, or handbags. I typically buy and buy until I acquire what I need in my collection then I'm pretty good about stopping cold and moving on to the next thing. Over the last 2-3 years I've bought a lot of LV (for me anyway). But with the addition of my Keepall last month I can honestly say my Louis Vuitton collection is complete except for a few shawls I'll get next year.

I'm now focusing on Hermes. I got three bags in the last 11 months and plan on 2 more in 2017. When I get the 7-8 bags I've ID'd as essential to my Hermes collection I'll be done. :tup:

Last edited:
Great thread idea @MokeyLV !

It's hard to predict what will indeed happen in 2017, but since I may not go back to France for a few more months (I m in the process of getting my Green Card and I m finishing my PhD in May), I will likely not make any significant LV purchases for a while. Which is okay because I was fortunate enough to get awesome pieces in 2016.

My plan is to buy a hardcase, such as the Boîte Pharmacie, before the end of 2017.
IMG_0783.jpg

I don't plan on buying another bag, or on selling any of my LV, although I have some non-LV to sell. I'd like to add a DE key pouch, and an extra empreinte key pouch (fingers crossed they are bringing out some new colours soon!). I'd also like another small-ish LV purchase of something but I'm not sure of what yet.
There is a mile long list of LV I'd love to have, but I really just don't need any more handbags, I already have more than I actually use. I'm trying really hard to make sure I only buy things that I will have a fairly regular use for.

My goal is to buy my first new in store bag. I bought my first new in store purchase (Sarah Wallet in Damier) in October. I bought the Zippy Multicartes too but ended up getting rid of it. I have had a few used LV items before but never stuck with them. I absolutely adore my Sarah wallet and it has inspired me to readily save for the Speedy Bandouliere 30 in Damier Ebene I've always wanted. :smile: Last year I invested in a new car and moved out so it was not a possibility, but I know it will happen this year. :biggrin: I also have my eye on the mini pochette. I currently have the Sarah Wallet in Damier and the Cosmetic Pouch in monogram (my very first LV, gifted) so I do not plan on getting rid of any.

Current Collection:
Pouch.jpg Wallet.jpg

2017 goals:
LV.jpg V2.jpg

Last edited:
I just want the duomo hobo. I got lots of gift cards for Xmas to Macy's, so I plan on putting them towards the purchase of the duomo. Went today to purchase, but it was out of stock. Hopefully they get it in soon, and that will be my one bag for 2017!
I have been debating selling my artsy empreinte for some time now, maybe that will happen in 2017, maybe not :smile:

My only known "bag goal" for 2017 is to finally get the Speedy B 25 in DE and selling the Speedy 30.
I wanted to get it for Christmas, but then I decided to get the Reverse PM instead. :rolleyes:

Besides the Speedy my goal is to spend a lot less on bags. I do have more than enough handbags for any occasion now :smile: .
But who knows what the new year will bring. If there is a bag that I really love, then I will probably go for it.

I have bought too many small bags last year (croisette, cluny bb, twice, PM, lockme 2 bb and alma pm), so there is only one in my plan: Porte-documents Jour either in macassar or epi, it will be my 10th wedding anniversary present in September.

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-porte-documents-jour-toile-monogram-macassar-sacs-homme--M54019_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-porte-documents-jour-toile-monogram-macassar-sacs-homme--M54019_PM2_Front view.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,692
  • louis-vuitton-porte-documents-jour-cuir-épi-sacs-homme--M50839_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-porte-documents-jour-cuir-épi-sacs-homme--M50839_PM2_Front view.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,737
I have made A LOT of purchases this year, because I was rebuilding my collection from scratch. Now I am super happy with everything and in 2017 I will probably be adding a small cross-body Azur bag, such as the Speedy B 25 or the Croisette, a new wallet + keyholder combo to add variety since I only have one combo at the moment AND since in October I will turn 40 (!!!!), I will most likely get something special then. Not sure yet what :smile:. All and all, my goal for 2017 is to spend a lot less on LV than in 2016 and enjoy my wonderful newly-acquired collection :smile:.