Bag from Italy, Italian speakers??

rosaeleena

Jul 7, 2006
Hi! I had a bag sent to me from Italy on the 28th, it should take 2 days to arrive to Sweden. The only tracking i see is that it arrived and left the post office in Italy, but nothing about customs, arriving somewhere else.. NADA.

I messaged my seller but she hasn't responded. Are there any italian speakers here who could help (PLEASE) me call the Italian post and see if it's really lost? Time of shipping is 2 days.. which worries me.. If anybody could help, I will PM you the tracking number!

Thank you so much!

Looks like this when I track:

Data Ora Stato della spedizione Luogo
28-11-2011 13:19 USCITA DALL'UFFICIO POSTALE Castel Del Piano Umbro
28-11-2011 12:25 ACCETTAZIONE UFFICIO POSTALE Castel Del Piano Umbro

I might be able to translate a little--my Italian's a bit rusty but if no native speakers chime in, I'll try to help!

The tracking info you've given might translate a bit like this:

28/11 13.19 departure from post office at Castel del Piano
28/11 12.25 acceptance at post office at Castel del Piano

I'm wondering what the f#($ your seller was thinking in that any international shipment could arrive within 2 days--that seems impossible to me, even if it's within continental Europe. (It would still require air travel, anyway) Even Express shipping from the US will take at least a week, if not more (and in many cases could be held up for a month!). It's also the beginning of the holiday rush, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about the bag arriving as quickly as it normally would.

So basically, I don't think calling the Italian PO will accomplish anything (yet)...expecting an international shipment in 2 days doesn't seem possible to me...plus, we are generally not a very organized people, whether in Italy or the US :P haha!

I might be able to translate a little--my Italian's a bit rusty but if no native speakers chime in, I'll try to help!

The tracking info you've given might translate a bit like this:

28/11 13.19 departure from post office at Castel del Piano
28/11 12.25 acceptance at post office at Castel del Piano

I'm wondering what the f#($ your seller was thinking in that any international shipment could arrive within 2 days--that seems impossible to me, even if it's within continental Europe. (It would still require air travel, anyway) Even Express shipping from the US will take at least a week, if not more (and in many cases could be held up for a month!). It's also the beginning of the holiday rush, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about the bag arriving as quickly as it normally would.

So basically, I don't think calling the Italian PO will accomplish anything (yet)...expecting an international shipment in 2 days doesn't seem possible to me...plus, we are generally not a very organized people, whether in Italy or the US :P haha!

Well it's strange but it even says 2 days on the website. I tried calling them but they just hung up when I asked if they speak english :nogood:

Anyway, I will wait a few more days and then see what happens. Thank you! :smile:

I wouldn't worry about this either. When I send something International Express (the fastest shipping method), the transit time according to USPS is 3-5 days. But it always takes longer than that, usually due to customs.

So even if the website is saying two days, I probably wouldn't expect it for at least a week.

Don't worry, I think the Italian postal service is over estimating it's delivery schedule. I too am waiting for a package from Italy which was shipped last Monday, 5th December. The tracking shows that it left Italy the following day but there has been no arrival scan into the UK which is where I am. The poste.it website says packages to Europe should only take about three days but I think the holiday rush is making international shipping slow for everyone. Do update here when your package arrives.