Bag for toddler

Dec 11, 2006
I never thought I'd be this person but I am really considering a bag for my one and half year old. She likes to pick up my bags and say she is going out. She picks up a Chanel woc which is "her size".

I walked into a Coach store and saw this swagger 15. It is soo cute, like a mature bag in miniature size. It is $250. There's also the Lv mini speedy which is discontinued which I could find for this price or less.

IMG_1474758590.707647.jpg
IMG_1474758600.139779.jpg
IMG_1474758607.980813.jpg
IMG_1474758617.699904.jpg

I never thought I'd be this person but I am really considering a bag for my one and half year old. She likes to pick up my bags and say she is going out. She picks up a Chanel woc which is "her size".

I walked into a Coach store and saw this swagger 15. It is soo cute, like a mature bag in miniature size. It is $250. There's also the Lv mini speedy which is discontinued which I could find for this price or less.

View attachment 3475180
View attachment 3475182
View attachment 3475183
View attachment 3475184
Those are both so sweet, especially for a small child since they would be her size, but honestly, and this is just my opinion, I think she may be better off with a small fabric bag instead until she's a little older. Cheap little fabric and/or plastic purses can easily be washed after *enter toddler body function or food spill disaster here* and it wouldn't be a great loss should it get damaged, lost, stolen, etc.

Last edited:
Those are both so sweet, especially for a small child since they would be her size, but honestly, and this is just my opinion, I think she may be better off with a small fabric bag instead until she's a little older. Cheap little fabric and/or plastic purses can easily be washed after *enter toddler body function or food spill disaster here* and it wouldn't be a great loss should it get damaged, lost, stolen, etc.

+ 1.

Yep, my line of thought too.

I hear you. I think I will get a "play" hello kitty one and one of these other ones will be for special occasions and for her to grow into. It won't be taken outside the house or to meals/snacks.

The micro mini Swagger is too cute. You have to get it for her.
LV is just... so basic. Lol.

Lol!! Yea the micro swagger is like a mini mature bag! But I wonder if it is a better "value" to get the Lv which may be less expensive too. Maybe she can use the latter as a makeup bag or something when she is an adult event.

Lol!! Yea the micro swagger is like a mini mature bag! But I wonder if it is a better "value" to get the Lv which may be less expensive too. Maybe she can use the latter as a makeup bag or something when she is an adult event.

I agree with your thinking. The LV mini can actually carry things, like a doll or toy. Not sure about the swagger. And you would be in good company with Megs, cos she got one of those for her baby too right?

My cousins daughter has that LV, she's 7. Her aunt bought it for her, and she does carry it around. However, kids just aren't conscious of things like adults. So I would be asking myself if I would be ok with my daughter having it, knowing she might not care for it like I would? I admit I have seen more expensive bags that I know my daughter would love, and thought about it. But she would be a kid with it, and that would bug me. I think for Christmas this year I'm going to get her a wristlet of some kind from FOS.