Bag for college hauling.

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
So I have been browsing and I think I would like a bag to haul books for school on a daily basis. I am a medical student so I carry some pretty hefty texts around. What bag would be good for this? I am looking for a tote preferrably.

I have been seriously considering the large heritage stripe tote because it looks so durable. But I cant for the life of me find a pic of anyone modeling it!

Bleecker large leather tote - ?
$458
12412_b4kl_a0_front

haha yeah I definitely do not need to add any weight to what I am carrying. I would like to keep my purchase around $400 total. Perhaps there are older bags I could look for on the bay? Does anyone know of any heritage stripe large tote bags?

I think this is adorable. COACH HERITAGE STRIPE MULTI-FUNCTION TOTE - Style No: 11763
Its 19x12, whereas the heritage stripe large is 17x13 so the shape is just a bit different.

Attachments

• 11763_bkhbl_a0_front.jpg
    11763_bkhbl_a0_front.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 11763_bkhdb_a0_front.jpg
    11763_bkhdb_a0_front.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 11763_bkhpk_a0_front.jpg
    11763_bkhpk_a0_front.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
For medical school I would look for a heavy duty tote like a drafting tote (nylon or leather) or the like:

The Legacy Leather Drafting Tote or the Transatlantic Totes (either one). I just got the Legacy Tote and it is nice and sturdy: http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=11537&category_id=546

Or maybe a sturdy messenger bag bar or a Transatlantic Brief.

JMHO. I don't think they lightweight bags are for heavy duty books. Now if your books are on CD and you are just carrying some notebooks, that's different.

So I have been browsing and I think I would like a bag to haul books for school on a daily basis. I am a medical student so I carry some pretty hefty texts around. What bag would be good for this? I am looking for a tote preferrably.

I am in medical school and I use a bunch of different totes through out the year depending on my outfit and the season.

Since you are asking about Coach bags in particular, I will only mention 2 Coach totes that I use for school, though I also use others.

In the spring and summer I use this scribble multifunction tote: It is light weight but holds a ton and has a ton of space and pockets. I like that it has a zippered top. I use the pad to wrap around my laptop. I have the original well child diaper bag from spring 07 like the one in the pic, but they have the remake of this in the outlets now, which does not come with the detachable strap and the leather trim is a bit different. It may still come with a pad but I not sure.

10676_d1.jpg

In the fall and winter I use my black hamptons pebbled leather business tote that is in the first pic. It is great for winter because bad weather doesn't affect it. It is fairly light weight leather and holds all my stuff pretty well. I also like the cut out design and the pebbled leather is super easy to take care of, because you just wipe it with water. The front also has a zippered pocket, which is shown in the pic of the white tote. I like that it has a zippered top.

I hope that helps! Good luck with school! What year are you? :yes:

5055_d1.jpg
da31_1.JPG