Bag experts: Does anyone know if the rockstud totes are all grained calfskin this sea

love_potion_9

Jul 7, 2012
London
I'm looking for a black rockstud trapeze and I have only come across grained calfskin so far- i'm pretty sure they used to be smooth and more glossy? Am i dreaming? Are they all like this this season? I would prefer smooth and soft...

Thanks!

joysyoggi

Jan 14, 2012
I'm looking for a black rockstud trapeze and I have only come across grained calfskin so far- i'm pretty sure they used to be smooth and more glossy? Am i dreaming? Are they all like this this season? I would prefer smooth and soft...

Thanks!
Are you looking at the gunmetal studs or the gold studs? :graucho:

love_potion_9

Jul 7, 2012
London
The regular gold ones

Ok this might shed some light- today i saw one labeled "grained" and it was actually a matte pebbled leather. So maybe the one that i called grained before IS the classic, and it's just the batch is not as soft/glossy as ones i had seen from other seasons. I wonder if i might be able to find a supple one this season, or if they're all a little hard like this. My vavavoom for example is waaay more supple, but i'm pretty sure it's because it's lambskin

love_potion_9

Jul 7, 2012
London
Here's a photo...left is the classic but i'm finding this one in particular has "hard" leather, i don't know if it's the same leather as other seasons or not. Right is the pebbled which is unlined and i assume seasonal. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409851924.540125.jpg

joysyoggi

Jan 14, 2012
Here's a photo...left is the classic but i'm finding this one in particular has "hard" leather, i don't know if it's the same leather as other seasons or not. Right is the pebbled which is unlined and i assume seasonal. View attachment 2739898
The left one is the classic, it's calf leather and the right one is pebble. I personally prefer the pebble but it's not structure. Hope this helps.

love_potion_9

Jul 7, 2012
London
The left one is the classic, it's calf leather and the right one is pebble. I personally prefer the pebble but it's not structure. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Yea I loove the pebble, the leather is really squishy and beautiful, but it's unlined which is harder to clean and it doesn't have any structure at all. I wonder if it's also calf? it's softer for sure
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/