Bag envy

rhopwood

RaeRae
Mar 20, 2010
I was shopping at the weekend and spotted a girl eying up my black Mark Jacobs stam bag whilst she was holding an awful copy... I'm sure you've seen them. She gave me the dirtiest look but I couldn't help but get a kick out of it! Awful, I know! :yahoo:

My friend just got a chanel 2.55 and a girl on the train said to her friend, 'I want that bag, but a real one!' - little did she know, my friends was real!:nuts:

Have any of you had some serious bag envy?

I don't know, most of the bags I own are not very faked, and also not very recognizable. I often carry an Hermès Picotin and noone at university ever recognizes it as a designer bag, so..no bag envy for me :smile:

Haha, shows how much they know.. I wonder why she thought her Chanel was a fake. I'm curious as to what she'd say about it if she had the opportunity to inspect it. Anyway, I've never had anyone give my bags the stink-eye, but I have had women check them out on occasion. I, too, have the tendency to check out people's bags and drool on occasion when it's a good one though :P

After all this time being on TPF I don't know if I could tell if a bag was a fake unless it was blatently fake or a brand that I own and am familiar with. Otherwise I just get excited when I see a bag I recognize and smile at the person wearing it. For all I know, it could be an exact replica. Oh well!

After all this time being on TPF I don't know if I could tell if a bag was a fake unless it was blatently fake or a brand that I own and am familiar with. Otherwise I just get excited when I see a bag I recognize and smile at the person wearing it. For all I know, it could be an exact replica. Oh well!

Same here.. I have no clue.. also, I don't look long enough to be able to tell. Unless, of course, the bag is gorgeous ;)

People are usually very nice and say "oooow I like your bag" or similar

only a few times have I recieved nasty looks from nasty girls but that's more to do with them being nasty than anything I may happen to be wearing.

i got a once over by a lady standing right in front of me, i dont know why, i don't carry high end. i gave her a face like a 5 year old would LOL.

i haz no shame