Bag envy

rhopwood

RaeRae
Mar 20, 2010
London
I was shopping at the weekend and spotted a girl eying up my black Mark Jacobs stam bag whilst she was holding an awful copy... I'm sure you've seen them. She gave me the dirtiest look but I couldn't help but get a kick out of it! Awful, I know! :yahoo:

My friend just got a chanel 2.55 and a girl on the train said to her friend, 'I want that bag, but a real one!' - little did she know, my friends was real!:nuts:

Have any of you had some serious bag envy?

Apr 15, 2007
it is amazing the "looks" that come across when someone is carrying the

"real and someone isn't"... and the best thing to do is "smile".. enjoy...

Danzare

Dec 11, 2009
Italy
I don't know, most of the bags I own are not very faked, and also not very recognizable. I often carry an Hermès Picotin and noone at university ever recognizes it as a designer bag, so..no bag envy for me :smile:

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
NYC
www.instagram.com
I get them a lot with my Chanels (not really so much with my other bags since they don't have logos). My friend stared down my flap yesterday when I went over lol

Cest Si Bon

Jan 15, 2010
Haha, shows how much they know.. I wonder why she thought her Chanel was a fake. I'm curious as to what she'd say about it if she had the opportunity to inspect it. Anyway, I've never had anyone give my bags the stink-eye, but I have had women check them out on occasion. I, too, have the tendency to check out people's bags and drool on occasion when it's a good one though :P

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
After all this time being on TPF I don't know if I could tell if a bag was a fake unless it was blatently fake or a brand that I own and am familiar with. Otherwise I just get excited when I see a bag I recognize and smile at the person wearing it. For all I know, it could be an exact replica. Oh well!

Cest Si Bon

Jan 15, 2010
After all this time being on TPF I don't know if I could tell if a bag was a fake unless it was blatently fake or a brand that I own and am familiar with. Otherwise I just get excited when I see a bag I recognize and smile at the person wearing it. For all I know, it could be an exact replica. Oh well!
Same here.. I have no clue.. also, I don't look long enough to be able to tell. Unless, of course, the bag is gorgeous ;)

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
People are usually very nice and say "oooow I like your bag" or similar

only a few times have I recieved nasty looks from nasty girls but that's more to do with them being nasty than anything I may happen to be wearing.

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Goodness gracious, I get dirty looks all the time. Or the typical once over. But it's usually out on the street, not from my friends & fam.

pickle

♾♥️ differently wired ♥️♾
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
i got a once over by a lady standing right in front of me, i dont know why, i don't carry high end. i gave her a face like a 5 year old would LOL.

i haz no shame

quality bags

Jul 15, 2009
:yahoo:

My friend just got a chanel 2.55 and a girl on the train said to her friend, 'I want that bag, but a real one!' - little did she know, my friends was real!:nuts:

Have any of you had some serious bag envy?
your friend should just turnaround and say, "This is a real one honey".