Bag colours for different seasons?

Feb 12, 2009
Hello, I must make a confession. I'm not a fashion diva. The closest I come to being fashionable is with my beautiful Coach collection. :biggrin:

So...I'm not sure if there are "rules" or guidelines around what colours of bags you should carry during certain seasons. For instance, I just bought a Sand large Parker Hippie crossbody and I'm not sure if I should only carry it for another few weeks or if I'm ok for a while!! And...I'm totally in love with the white patent Brooke...so is white ok year round? HELP! ;)

Oh dear! I don't get 4 seasons here so I don't think I am in tune with what colors are occay for which season :lol: But again, I will probably just wear or carry whatever I want regardless of the changing seasons. So why are certain colors occay for some season and not occay for another? :thinking:

So why are certain colors occay for some season and not occay for another? :thinking:

I think it's not necessarily that one color isn't okay in a certain season, it's more about choosing a color that is complimentary with the season's colors (and your style).

For example, right now I'm carrying a geranium/orange bag. It's a great contrasty bright color to go with all our summer green and blue skies going on. Once the leaves on the trees start turning yellow,orange, and red for fall...well, an orange bag just won't look right. KWIM?

I think the sand is perfect year round. I don't think I would carry the white bag in the fall for sure, but I think you could pull it off the rest of the year. Just my 2 cents.

I don't care about all of that kind of stuff. I carry what I want when I want. I say rock whatever bag you want and not worry about that stuff. Now I understand some bags are fragile any you have to take thr weather in concideration when you carry it, but that is different.

Your explanation makes sense to me but with me being just me, I probably wouldn't mind carrying an orange bag during the fall season as long as it matches my outfit :lol: I'll still rock it like I would in a summer's day. I'm weird like that :blush:

I think it's not necessarily that one color isn't okay in a certain season, it's more about choosing a color that is complimentary with the season's colors (and your style).

For example, right now I'm carrying a geranium/orange bag. It's a great contrasty bright color to go with all our summer green and blue skies going on. Once the leaves on the trees start turning yellow,orange, and red for fall...well, an orange bag just won't look right. KWIM?

:yahoo:
I don't care about all of that kind of stuff. I carry what I want when I want. I say rock whatever bag you want and not worry about that stuff. Now I understand some bags are fragile any you have to take thr weather in concideration when you carry it, but that is different.

Here, Here- I second that notion!:yahoo:All the old rules are out the window- just ask Stacy & *******.

Seasons? what are those? I live in SoCal were we have summer and spring year round.....That being said, now that I have MORE bags, I try to keep them in rotation and seasonally certain things will look better than others depending on what colors I am wearing.

ITA, too. Besides, I have enough trouble just worrying about getting out of the house with matching, clean clothes without me or the kids spilling something on them, I don't have time to worry about whether I have the "right" color bag on or not (just about making sure the kids don't spill anything on the bag, clothes are washable, lol).

Hello, I must make a confession. I'm not a fashion diva. The closest I come to being fashionable is with my beautiful Coach collection. :biggrin:

So...I'm not sure if there are "rules" or guidelines around what colours of bags you should carry during certain seasons. For instance, I just bought a Sand large Parker Hippie crossbody and I'm not sure if I should only carry it for another few weeks or if I'm ok for a while!! And...I'm totally in love with the white patent Brooke...so is white ok year round? HELP! ;)

Yes white is perfectly fine. Stark white, Paper white, Off-white.. whatever. It's a beautiful color that goes well with all year and all seasons. I honestly don't have the money to have several different color bags for each season. I carry reds, blues, oranges, greens in the Winter/Fall and really, who cares? Just carry what you want. I don't know where you get the "rules/guidelines" from. It's just a bag after all. Just carry whatever you like!

No way! Orange will be great for fall!

I think white is fine year round. I stick to darker colors during the winter, personally, but lighter colors IMO work spring, summer, and fall. I save my watercolor tote just for summer though!