Bag color

girlinthemoon

Obsessed!
Aug 9, 2009
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't own (or desire to own) a plain black bag. I don't have a single one - unless you consider luggage or overnight bags (overnight bag was an impulse buy - Coach mini C enormous bucket, but it works and I like it). I do have some LVs, but otherwise they're all red, bright orange, green, etc. Am I alone in my obsession of color?

I also do not have a single black bag, nor much in the way of black clothing (except for some black bras & t shirts). And the company-issued laptop bag, forgot that.

The only black bag that has had me interested recently is the Coco Duffle, but I think that is mostly because of the brass studs (hoping more colors are on the way).

Living in the suburbs, I don't see many black bags carried by women, so maybe it is a 'burb thing. But at work, I rarely see any of the visitors waiting in the lobby wearing anything but black, including their bag. But corporate America does cling to the corporate "uniform" so that never surprises me, maybe those ladies whip out the Bubblegum Pink B-Bag on the weekends! :yahoo:

Interesting - I live in the 'burbs, but work in the city (Chicago). I don't see a stark difference in what people carry, except for the Vera Bradley's in the burbs (no offense to others - but TOTALLY not my style).

But not owning a black purse is weird to others - glad I'm not alone! I've been using a bright orange one for about a month.

I am relieved to read that I am not alone in not owning one black bag. In my entire handbag purchasing history I bought one black bag in high school and that was that. Right now my obsession is gray, which I like to use as a day to day handbag color. It tends to go with just about every outfit I wear daily.

I have a black purse, but I've only carried it once. I've toyed with selling it, but I like the style. Generally, I find black bags to be too harsh. (For me, anyway!)

All my bags are black, except for one small chocolate coloured one!! I've bought coloured ones but always ended up returning them and going back to my classic/safe and boring (delete as applicable!) black.
I love that pop of colour on others, but it always feels a bit sort of try-hard on me :sad:

I have two designer black bags - LV black Epi Alma with gold hardware & Fendi Spy black! I have some Texier, Hide Design & 1 Radley also.

Live life in color, I say.:biggrin:

I have several black bags, but way more colored ones. Color makes me happy, and it seems that it makes you happy too. These are just purses - not life and death issues. If it makes your heart sing, then carry it!

Almost ALL of my clothes are black so my accessories HAVE to be in colour - my two fave bags are raspberry and crimson... I have shoes, coats & scarves in every colour, but they always have to co-ordinate with those two bags
xoxo

I think in this thread so far, I am one only who doesn't have a plain black bag but realllllllly wants one. :sad: I once always got a black on black Fendi Bbag, but by the time I went back it was only left in biege so I got that. Beige does go with a lot, though. :biggrin: It's hard to find all black bags that are nice.

I have two designer black bags - LV black Epi Alma with gold hardware & Fendi Spy black! I have some Texier, Hide Design & 1 Radley also.

What is epileather like? I always see the nice black leather, but have no idea what the texture is like.

Huh. This made me think. I don't have a plain black bag at all! But I do like a Chanel flap bag. I do like the Coco Duffel Bag by Alexander Wang and I like Miu Miu's collection of black leather bags but I've never had one...

I think in this thread so far, I am one only who doesn't have a plain black bag but realllllllly wants one. :sad: I once always got a black on black Fendi Bbag, but by the time I went back it was only left in biege so I got that. Beige does go with a lot, though. :biggrin: It's hard to find all black bags that are nice.

What is epileather like? I always see the nice black leather, but have no idea what the texture is like.

You should look it up online. Even with pictures, you can see its texture.
And don't worry, in my previous post I admitted that I've never had a plain black bag but soo wanted to have one!!!