bag choice question

I could certainly be wrong (I am not nearly as expert as some of the ladies on this forum) but I don't believe JPGs are made in Togo--only in Clemence, which is a softer leather and more likely to flop with time and use than is Togo. Of course, Lindys are fairly floppy from the beginning in their design. Generally, the JPG is probably the more difficult bag to find; Lindys seem more readily available. Sorry not to be of more help, but I'm sure more folks will chime in.

they are both fantastic choices, but keep in mind, the jpg is so wide, the corners get bumped a bit more than you might realize.....but i am partial to the jpg, i have one in havanne, and i do love it.....i think the lindy is fab too, but as someone who is vertically challenged, i find the lindy hangs right on my hip - at it widest point. of my body....which is exactly where i do not need "extra baggage" if you catch my drift....so i think body type and height does play a role here....jsut food for thought, not really helping you with your choice...sorry!

Well, I would love to have a JPG but at 42 cm it's kinda big on my and I don't do blue much and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my lindy, so my vote goes to the Lindy. :biggrin:

But I would LOVE a JPG in gold or rouge H - regardless of whether it looked big on me!

they are both fantastic choices, but keep in mind, the jpg is so wide, the corners get bumped a bit more than you might realize.....

i think the lindy is fab too, but as someone who is vertically challenged, i find the lindy hangs right on my hip - at it widest point. of my body....which is exactly where i do not need "extra baggage" if you catch my drift....

so i think body type and height does play a role here....

L--
ITA w/ TLvLV here. Try B4 U buy is the best solution. If that's not possible, don't buy at all unless your seller will allow you to try B4 Buy.

I really love the concept of a shoulder Birkin bag, but somehow, the execution of it just did not appeal ot me.

42cm is a huge bag. I've seen normal height gals (5'4" to 5'7") lugging this around and they appear to be struggling. The base is so deep & wide that it really has to be scooted almost behind the shoulder, if one wants arms to hang normally. On the other hand, if worn on the forearm, because of the 42cm width, it seems to get in the way of everything. (It could be used to carve-out a space for oneself on a crowded city street, or to knock over every display at a department store. ; sorry, just kidding!)

Hope you can try B4 buy!

^^sac-a-main, you're so funny! But right! I love the look of the jpg on Victoria Beckham and others, but I KNOW it would drive me crazy with the width and depth. The Lindy didn't work on me for the same reasons that TrishalvsLV said, but it would work better than the JPG on me. I agree with sac-a-main--try before you buy, and if you get the jpg, start doing those arm exercises!