Bag charms: do they scratch the bag, snag clothes?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

For those who have the Fleur D'epi bag charm (or one that connects to both handles), so you find that they snag your clothes?

I am planning to get an Epi Neverfull and wanted to get the Fleur D'epi charm to attach to the handles. Since I would wear this bag under my arm, I wonder if the charm will snag my sleeves.

Also, does it scratch up the Epi leather?

Thanks!

2. I have a fleur d'epi on my epi Alma MM and it hasn't pulled my clothes or scratched the bag. I don't like using it on my smaller Alma though, because it bangs around too much.

3. #3 May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    I haven't had any clothing snags or scratched but it did cause a chipped tooth!! ��

I had the puzzle key ring on my bag, my bag was in the back seat of my vehicle. I went to grab my bag and as I brought it nearer to me, the charm swung forward and hit my front tooth, causing a chip & a trip to the dental office.

Try explaining that to the dentist!

4. I haven't had any problems with mine except some pitting on the brass. Not sure why I don't use it that much - but they are pretty

5. Thanks everyone for your input! Oh my gosh, a chipped tooth!? ouch!

So I tried out the charm on the Epi Neverfull (which I ended taking home today!). It doesn't make any noise and it didn't seem to snag my clothes. The chain lays pretty flat.

It's so gorgeous, I may need to go back and buy it!

Attached Files:

6. Your Epi Neverfull is so pretty and the charm is the perfect fit 😍😍😍. Congrats!!!

7. The charm looks great! Enjoy your Epi Neverfull. I love the Indigo color, and want this bag too! Hopefully, I will have funds soon.

8. That is gorgeous. It dresses up the bag like crazy! So pretty.

9. That's gorgeous! Suits with you bag with much. It's amazing. Congrats!

10. I have a Fleur D'Epi charm on my Denim NF. So far, no snagging or scratching the leather. Makes some sound, but that's OK! [emoji177] ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462716670.473068.jpg

11. Stunning!

12. Your bag and sink :smile: are beautiful!!

13. Thanks so much! [emoji253]

14. Get the charm! It fits the bag so beautifully. Plus they seem to change quite often and you'll end up regretting that you didn't get it.

15. So gorgeous! I almost bought the denim, it was a tough choice to make!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice