Bag Charm or Zippy Wallet??? Please help me decide!!!

@T-Girl
"It is also impressive eye candy when you take it out of your bag to pay for something."

Thats what I thought too. Some time ago I saw a woman with a nice Ebene Sarah wallet paying a shirt and it was really an eye-catcher with her bag.

Never considered or thought about a the luggage tag. Thank you so much for your advice. especially because I can get it heatstamped. This really didn't come to my mind...don't know why^^??? And the price is more than ok!!!!^^

I think I get both then:graucho:

:woohoo: I am so glad you are considering the luggage tag because that's how I started my 'LV charms' but then eventually you may consider a charm later on in your collection as I have.

You know what got me into wallets? :thinking: Your story below reminds me of my first view of a Monogram Vernis Pomme D'Amour Sarah Wallet. Ironically, this woman was paying for a Coach bag and pulled out this wallet. I went gaga over it! :nuts:

I couldn't get it out of my mind. I bought the same wallet, looked at it and returned it right away. It wasn't me. Instead, I have the Monogram Canvas Sara Wallet, had it heatstamped too, and totally love it! :biggrin:

I think the luggage tag really completes the look of the Speedy--it's like a mini carryall. I recommend that if you have a Speedy 30 or smaller, get the smaller luggage tag because it makes the bag look cute. If you have the Speedy 35 or larger, get the larger luggage tag. It's all about proportions.

Good luck and I betcha you'll totally love your Speedy with the tag . . . and the ZCP. I'd love to see a reveal when you get both the tag and wallet. :smile:

One more thing: Do you really prefer the Damier over the Mongram for ZCP? The reason I mention this is because the Monogram print is so pretty on SLGs whereas the Damier just looks a little dull with the checkered print. I have both and I prefer the Mono because the florets and the LV print just give it a little spicy pick-me-up and the checker print just doesn't stand out as much. For me, I got both because I got the Damier print first and I got bored of it very quickly. I find that I use my Monogram Canvas ZCP more often.

@T-Girl
"It is also impressive eye candy when you take it out of your bag to pay for something."

Thats what I thought too. Some time ago I saw a woman with a nice Ebene Sarah wallet paying a shirt and it was really an eye-catcher with her bag.

Never considered or thought about a the luggage tag. Thank you so much for your advice. especially because I can get it heatstamped. This really didn't come to my mind...don't know why^^??? And the price is more than ok!!!!^^

I think I get both then:graucho:

Last edited:
I have the Playtime charm and it is fun on a lot of my bags, but I also already have other SLGs and the compact zippy wallet, so therefore you may enjoy the wallet for now, and then later you can save up a little for the bag charm.

@T-Girl

I def will make a reveal when I got it:graucho: So I will buy the smaller luggage tag for my Speedy 30s and the NF MM!!! I also think that it really will look good on the Speedy. I'm really excited and curious.....have to wait till next month to go to LV^^

At the moment I prefer the Damier Zippy because I saw it last time in the store and fell in love with it. but didn't have the chance to look at the mono one. so who knows:lol: I will look at both and decide then!!! AAHHHH....can't wait:P

I can't wait to see your reveal. :biggrin:

You'll love the cute little luggage tag even though the bigger one is only $4-$5 more. You'll see what I mean. It's great I recommend the shiny gold print because it just glistens so nicely and matches the brass hardware, but if you prefer a particular colour that's something else you can add.

From Wikipedia, here is a little excerpt for the Monogram print:

After the death of his father, Georges Vuitton began a campaign to build the company into a worldwide corporation, exhibiting the company's products at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. In 1896, the company launched the signature Monogram Canvas and made the worldwide patents on it.[3][4] Its graphic symbols, including quatrefoils and flowers (as well as the LV monogram), were based on the trend of using Japanese and Oriental designs in the late Victorian era.

It's a nice Victorian/Oriental design even though its sometimes overplayed but on smaller SLGs it just looks like a big floral bouquet. IMHO, I just find the Damier Ebene looks great on a larger bag and the Mono looks better on cuter smaller bags.

Good luck in your decision! :tup:

@T-Girl

I def will make a reveal when I got it:graucho: So I will buy the smaller luggage tag for my Speedy 30s and the NF MM!!! I also think that it really will look good on the Speedy. I'm really excited and curious.....have to wait till next month to go to LV^^

At the moment I prefer the Damier Zippy because I saw it last time in the store and fell in love with it. but didn't have the chance to look at the mono one. so who knows:lol: I will look at both and decide then!!! AAHHHH....can't wait:P

I can't wait to see your reveal. :biggrin:

You'll love the cute little luggage tag even though the bigger one is only $4-$5 more. You'll see what I mean. It's great I recommend the shiny gold print because it just glistens so nicely and matches the brass hardware, but if you prefer a particular colour that's something else you can add.

From Wikipedia, here is a little excerpt for the Monogram print:

After the death of his father, Georges Vuitton began a campaign to build the company into a worldwide corporation, exhibiting the company's products at the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. In 1896, the company launched the signature Monogram Canvas and made the worldwide patents on it.[3][4] Its graphic symbols, including quatrefoils and flowers (as well as the LV monogram), were based on the trend of using Japanese and Oriental designs in the late Victorian era.

It's a nice Victorian/Oriental design even though its sometimes overplayed but on smaller SLGs it just looks like a big floral bouquet. IMHO, I just find the Damier Ebene looks great on a larger bag and the Mono looks better on cuter smaller bags.

Good luck in your decision! :tup:

T-Girl - you make me want to get a Mono zippy wallet :biggrin:.