Bag Between First & City- What is it Called?

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
Hello Bal owners!

I have been looking at a City or First for a long time, and have not taken the plunge, but felt the First was a bit small, and the City was too big.
Then, the other day I was at NM, and the SA showed me a bag in between the 2 sizes, with a much longer shoulder strap.
She said it is a brand-new style. I thought she called it a "villa", but honestly can't be sure.

I looked through the Bal style thread, and couldn't find the bag, and also couldn't find it on the balenciaga.com under the handbags section.

Can someone help me with what this style's name really is, and where I can find more photos of it? TIA!

Mar

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
You must be thinking of the Velo but the Velo is definitely bigger than a City :yes:

Are you sure a City is too big? It actually a pretty small bag.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Velo looks BIGGER than a city to me. Do you mean the new "maxi twiggy" or maybe just the older twiggy? It holds more than a first, but is smaller than a city.

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
Thanks so much everyone. NYCavalier is right, I saw the Town, not the Velo. I think the SA was wrong with the name, because she was squinting at her list, so maybe she misread the Velo instead of the Town, I think she may have needed her glasses?

Anyhow, it is such a great size, I loved that it could be carried as a crossbody as well as hand carried. I feel the itch to buy one, but I am on a 3-month ban...I hope I survive until June:P

If I get it, it'll be my first Bbag!