Bag Battle! Fendi Peekaboo vs Chanel Coco Handle

KBT39

KimmyT_Glam
Nov 17, 2015
I'm torn between these 2 gorgeous bags! Please help me decide. Here's a little info about my personal style to help!
I'm not a very girlie girl though I have my moments. My esthetic tends to lean towards the masculine side with a feminine twist. I don't buy bags for their future resell value, I simply buy what I love but it must speak to me! I do tend to gravitate towards classics but I like a bit of edge at times. I can see both of these bags in my collection so I think it may be a matter of which to add first. I'd get mediums in either and I currently own the following:
Vintage Chanel single flap jumbo (large CC)
LV Pochette Metis (regular mono)
Gucci Lady Web (brown suede)
Gucci soho chain hobo (black)
Several other totes and bags as I am a Stella & Dot stylist and own bags from their main collection and their new luxury collection COVET

My gut tells me to grab the Chanel Coco Handle first due to their frequent price increases, although this bag has yet to be in teased since release from what I can tell. As for the Fendi Peekaboo I'd get selleria as I prefer it to their calfskin version.
I'm cross posting in both forums as I know their will likely be brand bias.
Medium Chanel Coco Handle currently retails for $3600 USD (black, navy or maybe red)
Medium/Regular Selleria Peekaboo retails for $4860 USD (likely black/brown as seen in pic)

Anyone have both bags? If so which do you love more?
I don't have a local boutique so I do all my research and then head into ATL prepared to buy. I'd like to make my purchase next weekend. I've played with the Peekaboo many times but not the Coco Handle as they never have any in stock when I go. I may have to hunt for it through a few trusted SA's in other states.

IMG_1483831470.328681.jpgIMG_1483831482.944335.jpg

I'm torn between these 2 gorgeous bags! Please help me decide. Here's a little info about my personal style to help!
I'm not a very girlie girl though I have my moments. My esthetic tends to lean towards the masculine side with a feminine twist. I don't buy bags for their future resell value, I simply buy what I love but it must speak to me! I do tend to gravitate towards classics but I like a bit of edge at times. I can see both of these bags in my collection so I think it may be a matter of which to add first. I'd get mediums in either and I currently own the following:
Vintage Chanel single flap jumbo (large CC)
LV Pochette Metis (regular mono)
Gucci Lady Web (brown suede)
Gucci soho chain hobo (black)
Several other totes and bags as I am a Stella & Dot stylist and own bags from their main collection and their new luxury collection COVET

My gut tells me to grab the Chanel Coco Handle first due to their frequent price increases, although this bag has yet to be in teased since release from what I can tell. As for the Fendi Peekaboo I'd get selleria as I prefer it to their calfskin version.
I'm cross posting in both forums as I know their will likely be brand bias.
Medium Chanel Coco Handle currently retails for $3600 USD (black, navy or maybe red)
Medium/Regular Selleria Peekaboo retails for $4860 USD (likely black/brown as seen in pic)

Anyone have both bags? If so which do you love more?
I don't have a local boutique so I do all my research and then head into ATL prepared to buy. I'd like to make my purchase next weekend. I've played with the Peekaboo many times but not the Coco Handle as they never have any in stock when I go. I may have to hunt for it through a few trusted SA's in other states.

View attachment 3568180View attachment 3568181
First off, I confess I will be of zero help!! I'm a chanel lover so that does kind off make me very biased, BUT at 1 point i was expecting to buy a Fendi Peekaboo myself. I did tons of research but then when i went to look in person & try it on, I just didn't like it on myself (much as I love it on others & think it's such a cool bag) I do LOVE how you know yourself & described yourself (ie-aesthetic leans masculine w/ feminine twist) Coco handle will definitely give you the feminine aspect. I wish you ALL the BEST & good luck deciding!!!!:flowers:

First off, I confess I will be of zero help!! I'm a chanel lover so that does kind off make me very biased, BUT at 1 point i was expecting to buy a Fendi Peekaboo myself. I did tons of research but then when i went to look in person & try it on, I just didn't like it on myself (much as I love it on others & think it's such a cool bag) I do LOVE how you know yourself & described yourself (ie-aesthetic leans masculine w/ feminine twist) Coco handle will definitely give you the feminine aspect. I wish you ALL the BEST & good luck deciding!!!!:flowers:
LOL! Thank you! I love Chanel too but I have no problem loving other brands as for me it's more about the particular bag than the brand mostly. Yes some brands will rank higher for me due to quality and service but at the end of the day its the bag that I must love and I love both of these bags! :hbeat:

LOL! Thank you! I love Chanel too but I have no problem loving other brands as for me it's more about the particular bag than the brand mostly. Yes some brands will rank higher for me due to quality and service but at the end of the day its the bag that I must love and I love both of these bags! :hbeat:
Yes, yes...bravo! I agree w/ you & love/appreciate plenty of other brands as well. It's just that 2016 was the year of chanel obsession for me:eek: Can't wait to see which you choose next! You'll make the right decision, no doubt!:yes:

Reactions: KBT39
Yikes this is a tough one. First off, great taste! the selleria peekaboo is stunning! The peekaboo is such a well made bag, and its chic factor is through the roof, however, the fendi brand as a whole doesn't have the 'halo' chanel has. The coco handle is a 'hot' bag right now, and highly coveted. I am a big chanel fan, but I think in terms of workmanship and quality of leather, the peekaboo gets my vote. As for resale value (which I understand is not a factor in your decision making, high five!), Coco handle will definitely be the one.

Yikes this is a tough one. First off, great taste! the selleria peekaboo is stunning! The peekaboo is such a well made bag, and its chic factor is through the roof, however, the fendi brand as a whole doesn't have the 'halo' chanel has. The coco handle is a 'hot' bag right now, and highly coveted. I am a big chanel fan, but I think in terms of workmanship and quality of leather, the peekaboo gets my vote. As for resale value (which I understand is not a factor in your decision making, high five!), Coco handle will definitely be the one.

Yes! You feel my pain! LOL! The craftsmanship of Fendi's selleria bags are truly next level!
So which to get first?! I'm confident both will end up coming home just not at the same time and likely a year in between. Though if I really were to just throw all good sense out the door I could splurge on both right now...but I prefer to have one splurge of this price point a year and enjoy it. I treat myself throughout the year just not at this price point.
If I grab the Coco Handle I could get another pair of Gucci Princetowns! [emoji848][emoji847]

Reactions: Ici
I don't envy your predicament! Both are on my long term wishlist!

I'd go with the Peekaboo though. It is so classy, but can also be super casual with the side folded down.

Based on how you describe your general style, I think you would be most happy getting the peekaboo first. It is a bit more masculine but with a feminine twist which is in your comfort zone (at these prices, comfort zone is all good and plays a significant role in my decision making). The coco handle appears much more feminine and formal. If you are still itching for that in a year, I would add it at that point in time. Good luck!

Yes! You feel my pain! LOL! The craftsmanship of Fendi's selleria bags are truly next level!
So which to get first?! I'm confident both will end up coming home just not at the same time and likely a year in between. Though if I really were to just throw all good sense out the door I could splurge on both right now...but I prefer to have one splurge of this price point a year and enjoy it. I treat myself throughout the year just not at this price point.
If I grab the Coco Handle I could get another pair of Gucci Princetowns! [emoji848][emoji847]
The coco handle isn't readily available and so far only came in ruthenium hardware. If you come across a leather color you like you should probably grab it cuz otherwise u may have to wait for awhile. I did own the coco handle and maybe it was me i found it very difficult to close.

Reactions: jay88 and KBT39
The coco handle isn't readily available and so far only came in ruthenium hardware. If you come across a leather color you like you should probably grab it cuz otherwise u may have to wait for awhile. I did own the coco handle and maybe it was me i found it very difficult to close.
Yes I know it's not going to be the easiest find and it's coming in gold for Act 2 I believe but I'd prefer ruthenium as I already have a gold hardware Chanel.
I've read through the Coco Handle clubhouse, was your difficulty in closing it your only issue with it?

Yes I know it's not going to be the easiest find and it's coming in gold for Act 2 I believe but I'd prefer ruthenium as I already have a gold hardware Chanel.
I've read through the Coco Handle clubhouse, was your difficulty in closing it your only issue with it?

I had the blk caviar w the ruthenium combo in size small and quite liked it. Yes the challenge in closing the bag was my only issue with it. The small size was perfect for day and night. I came very close to buying a peekaboo but was more leaning towards the mini which was only offered in selleria in silver, not my color of choice. For now i have rekindled with my lv tote which is great for winter. :biggrin:

I had the blk caviar w the ruthenium combo in size small and quite liked it. Yes the challenge in closing the bag was my only issue with it. The small size was perfect for day and night. I came very close to buying a peekaboo but was more leaning towards the mini which was only offered in selleria in silver, not my color of choice. For now i have rekindled with my lv tote which is great for winter. :biggrin:
I think what I may need to do is locate the Coco Handle I'd like and buy it so I can see how I like it. I already know I love the peekaboo and I only love the Coco Handle from afar. If by some miracle either of the ATL boutiques has one then I just head there to check it out but so far they haven't.

As much as I love Chanel, I personally do not like the coco handle. I would go for the fendi. I prefer the fendi due to its sharp lines/structured shape. I do not like how "soft" the coco handle looks.
Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised by all the Fendi love here! I was certain I'd get Chanel only votes here! They are half sisters after all, same daddy! LOL Long live Karl! ;)