Bag Battle! Fendi Peekaboo vs Chanel Coco Handle

KBT39

KimmyT_Glam
Nov 17, 2015
I'm torn between these 2 gorgeous bags! Please help me decide. Here's a little info about my personal style to help!
I'm not a very girlie girl though I have my moments. My esthetic tends to lean towards the masculine side with a feminine twist. I don't buy bags for their future resell value, I simply buy what I love but it must speak to me! I do tend to gravitate towards classics but I like a bit of edge at times. I can see both of these bags in my collection so I think it may be a matter of which to add first. I'd get mediums in either and I currently own the following:
Vintage Chanel single flap jumbo (large CC)
LV Pochette Metis (regular mono)
Gucci Lady Web (brown suede)
Gucci soho chain hobo (black)
Several other totes and bags as I am a Stella & Dot stylist and own bags from their main collection and their new luxury collection COVET

My gut tells me to grab the Chanel Coco Handle first due to their frequent price increases, although this bag has yet to be in teased since release from what I can tell. As for the Fendi Peekaboo I'd get selleria as I prefer it to their calfskin version.
I'm cross posting in both forums as I know their will likely be brand bias.
Medium Chanel Coco Handle currently retails for $3600 USD (black, navy or maybe red)
Medium/Regular Selleria Peekaboo retails for $4860 USD (likely black/brown as seen in pic)

Anyone have both bags? If so which do you love more?
I don't have a local boutique so I do all my research and then head into ATL prepared to buy. I'd like to make my purchase next weekend. I've played with the Peekaboo many times but not the Coco Handle as they never have any in stock when I go. I may have to hunt for it through a few trusted SA's in other states.

IMG_1483831120.912641.jpgIMG_1483831131.684163.jpg

I love the Peekaboo, especially in Selleria, but I suggest getting the Coco Handle. The Coco Handle sells out fast and you may not be able to get one later if the style is discontinued. The Coco Handle is also one of my favourite Chanel bags. It is also cheaper than the Selleria Peekaboo.

The Selleria Peekaboo is phenomenal, but it will always be around, and every once in a while, you may be able to get it with a discount (or pre-loved). Pre-loved Chanel is usually much more expensive than pre-loved Fendi.

I love the Peekaboo, especially in Selleria, but I suggest getting the Coco Handle. The Coco Handle sells out fast and you may not be able to get one later if the style is discontinued. The Coco Handle is also one of my favourite Chanel bags. It is also cheaper than the Selleria Peekaboo.

The Selleria Peekaboo is phenomenal, but it will always be around, and every once in a while, you may be able to get it with a discount (or pre-loved). Pre-loved Chanel is usually much more expensive than pre-loved Fendi.
All very very good points! This is turning out to be a very interesting discussion! On the Chanel side the majority suggested Peekaboo, I truly expected each side to go hard for their brand as I have seen in other comparison debates.
You are right about Peekaboo being around, I hadn't thought about that, I was more concerned about the likelihood of some ridiculous price increase on the Chanel side. I appreciate Coco Handle being less as it would allow me to grab another pair of Gucci Princetowns! ;)

All very very good points! This is turning out to be a very interesting discussion! On the Chanel side the majority suggested Peekaboo, I truly expected each side to go hard for their brand as I have seen in other comparison debates.
You are right about Peekaboo being around, I hadn't thought about that, I was more concerned about the likelihood of some ridiculous price increase on the Chanel side. I appreciate Coco Handle being less as it would allow me to grab another pair of Gucci Princetowns! ;)
If the Coco can get you a pair of Guccis, then it seems to be the better choice. It's hard to find Chanel for a cheaper price even in resale, but it is common to find Fendis for less.

If you can find the Selleria Peekaboo for even less than at the boutique (authentic, of course), then maybe the decision will be harder to make.

Reactions: KBT39
By the way, I own the men's Selleria Peekaboo and it is the nicest bag I have ever owned! I think that you will be more impressed with the materials and craftsmanship of the Sellieria Peekaboo, but since it will be around for a long time and you may be able to find it for less than retail, then maybe get the Chanel first. You can get the Peekaboo later :smile:.

By the way, I own the men's Selleria Peekaboo and it is the nicest bag I have ever owned! I think that you will be more impressed with the materials and craftsmanship of the Sellieria Peekaboo, but since it will be around for a long time and you may be able to find it for less than retail, then maybe get the Chanel first. You can get the Peekaboo later :smile:.
Yes I've followed your reveal and know it was a long time coming for you! So glad you are loving it! Agreed the craftsmanship on selleria peekaboo is second to none! That's what really got me going and then the Coco Handle crept in.

Reactions: averagejoe
KBT39.....what a lovely dilemma to have! They are both amazing bags so you can't go wrong, whichever choice you make. The current designer bags in your collection are nicely grounded so either the Chanel Coco Handle or the PAB will be a good addition.

While I would personally purchase the PAB, the Chanel Coco handle with the Gucci princetowns sounds really tempting!

I see that you are a stylist......is one bag easier than the other to use in your work environment? Or does it not really matter?

KBT39.....what a lovely dilemma to have! They are both amazing bags so you can't go wrong, whichever choice you make. The current designer bags in your collection are nicely grounded so either the Chanel Coco Handle or the PAB will be a good addition.

While I would personally purchase the PAB, the Chanel Coco handle with the Gucci princetowns sounds really tempting!

I see that you are a stylist......is one bag easier than the other to use in your work environment? Or does it not really matter?

Yes Coco Handle and more shoes is very appealing LOL! Yes I'm a Stella & Dot stylist, I sell jewelry, bags, scarves etc. my website link is in my profile feel free to check it out! It's mostly personal in home shopping sessions or folks shopping directly from my site. It's my side hustle and I love it as it feeds my accessories game and allows me my luxury splurges. My main gig is software! I'm a sales executive for a crazy fun technology company! So the bags I use day to day varies mostly on what I'm wearing but also at times depending on if I'm traveling.

Forgot to mention I also have a Loewe Puzzle Bag that I'm obsessed with! I don't know how I forgot to list that! I haven't stopped carrying it since I got it months ago! [emoji23][emoji173]

Coco Handle gets my vote. I've been wanting one for a while and it's never available. Plus it's cheaper and you say you have something else you want to get so seems like an easy decision.

Coco Handle gets my vote. I've been wanting one for a while and it's never available. Plus it's cheaper and you say you have something else you want to get so seems like an easy decision.
I was able to locate and purchase a medium red coco handle! It will be here Wednesday, since I've never seen it in person (always sold out) I will see if I truly love it or if I will return and go with peekaboo! So we shall see! ;)

Reactions: averagejoe