bag and wallet...do they have to match???

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. hi!! just want to ask...do you match your wallet with your bag....like if you have a mono...is it ok to use a damier wallet?? or vice versa??

i currently have a poppincourt haut and a damier papillon...originally i wanted to get a bag...but i don't have an lv wallet yet....

what style should i get?? hope you can help me decide...i dont want a big wallet...thanks in advance :smile:

2. I never matched mine. I find that I would have to pay so much for wallets that I can get a bag isntead so I have a cheapie wallet and nice bags. It would be nice if they'd match but mine doesn't and it doesn't look weird if it doesn't match.

3. i never match mine. i use a Prada wallet and it goes into every bag i use :P

you can try something from the Epi line, in black. that way it'll go with your bags :yes:

4. i try my best NOT everything to be matchy - matchy..... most of small things are monogram and i hate taking mono wallet, key, camera case (cig case) etc out of my Mono bag..... TOO MUCH, i think. and sometimes i feel....snooty biaaaaatch, even though i try not act that way! :shame:

so i mix cerises, MC, mono, damier,,,,,,,, then again, sometimes i ended up doing cherry bag and MC wallet, that too, TOO MUCH!:yucky:

5. I don't match my wallet to my bag but I like all my accessories inside my bag to match. Mine are all orange...Hermes Ulysee notebook, Goyard card case and LV orange Perfo cles. Now all I need is the Groom coin purse. :graucho:

Have you thought about going with a card case and a cles? I didn't need a big wallet either and didn't want to spend that much. I keep my DL, ATM and gym card in my cles and the rest of my cash, credit cards in my card case. :flowers:

th_DSCN0832.jpg
  6. originally i tried not to match as i started off with a papillon 19 and popincourt with my damier bifold wallet...over time i just started getting all damier so...now i love it!

7. that's what i thought so too...if i'll just add a bit i can get a new bag instead of a wallet :yes: just thought it would be nice if i get a matching wallet since i dont have one yet....*sigh* this is sooooo confusing ;) :smile:

thanks girls! :smile:

8. I like to mix things up and not be too matchy, but you do whatever you like, def. don't feel like you have to match though...

9. If I were you I may go for an epi or vernis wallet in, do epi in either red, mandarin (if you could find one), or black, or vernis in framboise. It's nice to have a wallet with some color, makes it easier to find in you bag too...

10. If you have mono and damier, consider a vernis - maybe in red. The solid color can coordinate nicely.

I use a Mat Mono PTI in Amber and that seems to go with everything. You can still find mat mono's around in the store or on eBay.

- Oops, Lola and I were posting the same comment at the same time!

11. I love your Goyard card case!! :nuts:

I've been debating between that or an LV Epi Porte Cartes Simple. I'm going to the States again in two days and I don't know which to get.. How has yours held up? Would you reccomend it? :flowers:

12. Thanks Farmer! Mine's only a little over a month old and it looks great. I really love how the bright orange is easy to find inside my bag too! :flowers:

13. I only have one dinky little mono wallet. I use it for all my Chanel and LV's. Geez, with the price of the wallets I'd rather get a handbag:graucho: So no, I don't match my wallet and bags:sad:

14. i use my furla wallet for all my bags, so i don't match...

15. I use matching wallet and accessories no matter what bag I carry. For example, right now I'm using a Mono wallet and access and in the fall/winter, I'll be switching to Damier and then Mono Mini.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice