Bag and belt in same print. Yes or no?

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Hi guys. What do you think about using a bag and belt in the same print? F.ex beige GG canvas on both bag and belt?
Do you think it looks great, or will you say ABSOLUTELY NOT! ;)

I think there are really no rules about it. I would wear a Chanel belt and a Chanel bag with no problem.

Do it and have confidence; it will look great. I would think you won't always be wearing them together. Is the belt reversible?

I think there are really no rules about it. I would wear a Chanel belt and a Chanel bag with no problem.

Do it and have confidence; it will look great. I would think you won't always be wearing them together. Is the belt reversible?
Personally, I have no problem with it, though I think I prefer a plain brown belt with a striking "GG" buckle. Just intresting to hear others opinion :smile:

Personally, I have no problem with it, though I think I prefer a plain brown belt with a striking "GG" buckle. Just intresting to hear others opinion :smile:

I'm not suggesting that you buy as I know yo have a enviable collection, but Gucci do excellent reversible belts. Some like mine are plain leather black/brown but they also have a GG-print/brown leather ATM. The plain brown 'goes' perfectly with the G-print bag IMO

I also had a very sophisticated and beautiful friend who had a bright yellow Bolide bag and a matching skinny belt which she often wore together and you could see they were both Hermes. She is quite petite and neat, I think that helps whereas, I am more medium (US6) and I throw on my clothes and if anything matches I know it's a mistake :biggrin:

So are the matching prints the only reason people say no? What about wearing a Gucci bag with a belt as long as they don't match? :thinking:

I wear that combo (and more) all the time. I was wearing bag (plain black vintage hobo) belt (plain black leather horse-bit) scarf (brown) umbrella and ring last Saturday :P No one could tell (except maybe a regular on this forum).