bad weather bags

favorhermes

Sep 15, 2007
Hi there -

I have a quick question that I thought I would combine with a thread...please excuse me if this has already been done.

Can amazonia be used in snow? Will the cold weather crack the amazonia?

Which bag do you use on rainy/snowy days? Does anyone ever use the rain protectors on their birkins?

I use my Herbag in bad weather.... The leather's Vache Naturelle (sp) I think, and with the black canvas bottom, when I get inside I just wipe it off with a paper towel and I'm good to go. :tup: Also my damier speedy is a great bad weather bag.

For me it's my Clemence Birkin or Kelly. And I tuck a pretty Hermes hankie in each bag for those occasional wipe-ups....no rain-kit for me. In a heavy storm I'll tuck the bag under my raincoat and umbrella and make a mad dash for indoors!

I have the rain coat but have not needed to use it thus far. I hear Togo can withstand many weather conditions, but I rather test that out when I have two togo bags, not just one. :amuse:

If it's bad weather out (and I mean BAD, not just a drizzle) then I only carry my Clemence Evelyne.
I would like to have a Clemence Birkin one of these days but no such luck yet.

I'm glad this topic came up....

I'm going on a trip in a few weeks. I have a Clemence Birkin but it's white. I'm thinking of taking it - do you guys think the white would be too risky and can I wipe off immediately if it gets dirty?