Bad Tiffany repair

L etoile

tPF addict
O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I had a diamond fleur key repaired through Tiffany's repair service and it arrived today. It's a mess and more bent than before. I paid over $300 for the repair. Has anyone else had issues with their repair and how did you fix it? I've attached the before photo and then the after. The before photo is the day I received the pendant from Tiffany in 2019 and the after photo is today.

Attachments

• IMG_4007.jpeg
    IMG_4007.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 279
Not with a fine jewelry piece, but I had this experience with a silver keychain that has a lot of sentimental value. I dropped it and it broke, and the repair had visible soldering and a rough spot that bothered me because it's an item I grab with my hands multiple times a day. I took it back in and explained the issue, and when it came back from re-repair, it was fixed properly.

I had a diamond fleur key repaired through Tiffany's repair service and it arrived today. It's a mess and more bent than before. I paid over $300 for the repair. Has anyone else had issues with their repair and how did you fix it? I've attached the before photo and then the after. The before photo is the day I received the pendant from Tiffany in 2019 and the after photo is today.
I am sorry that you had this experience with the repair service. It seems that they have gone downhill since LVMH took over a couple of years ago.

I am having issues with their repair service at the moment as well. I am currently waiting on a call back for my diamond engagement ring that has a small chip on the facet. The store manager looked at it and said it should be an easy repair. They can buff and polish out the chip and the diamond should only lose about .05 of it's 1.66 ct. weight. It was sent up to the repair center in NY on November 4th and I never heard anything! I called them Monday and again Tuesday and still have no answers. I finally called my local Tiffany's who took the ring in and sent it up with the repair order. The gentleman I spoke with was very apologetic; unlike the two ladies I spoke with at the repair center. They were supposed to call me back by the end of the day earlier this week with a status update and they didn't. Now I am dealing with a manager from my local store who has to call the repair center and try to see what it going on. I am not happy. I have owned a lot Tiffany jewelry in my lifetime and to say that I am disappointed in their customer service is an understatement.

I am sorry that you had this experience with the repair service. It seems that they have gone downhill since LVMH took over a couple of years ago.

I am having issues with their repair service at the moment as well. I am currently waiting on a call back for my diamond engagement ring that has a small chip on the facet. The store manager looked at it and said it should be an easy repair. They can buff and polish out the chip and the diamond should only lose about .05 of it's 1.66 ct. weight. It was sent up to the repair center in NY on November 4th and I never heard anything! I called them Monday and again Tuesday and still have no answers. I finally called my local Tiffany's who took the ring in and sent it up with the repair order. The gentleman I spoke with was very apologetic; unlike the two ladies I spoke with at the repair center. They were supposed to call me back by the end of the day earlier this week with a status update and they didn't. Now I am dealing with a manager from my local store who has to call the repair center and try to see what it going on. I am not happy. I have owned a lot Tiffany jewelry in my lifetime and to say that I am disappointed in their customer service is an understatement.
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, too. I'll never buy Tiffany jewelry. Cartier and VCA are very good and reasonable with their fixes. VCA has fixed things for free for me, even paying for shipping overnight. I spend a significant amount on jewelry per year including investment pieces/fine jewelry and most of that spend has shifted to VCA and will continue there.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, too. I'll never buy Tiffany jewelry. Cartier and VCA are very good and reasonable with their fixes. VCA has fixed things for free for me, even paying for shipping overnight. I spend a significant amount on jewelry per year including investment pieces/fine jewelry and most of that spend has shifted to VCA and will continue there.
Thank you. I have shopped at Cartier and do think their service is above Tiffany’s but I have never purchased anything from VCA. I almost purchased a replacement wedding band from them last year and found their SA very helpful and their bands exquisite! I will consider them for any future purchases.

I think it really depends on who you are dealing with. I have had a terrible experience with Cartier whereas, at Tiffany’s my gold olive branch ring had a leaf that came detached from the next one so it stuck up slightly. It was to be expected given how I was wearing the delicate piece and it was five years old. I took it in to the repair centre at my local Tiffany’s and the man there walked out to the floor and brought me a new one. I protested and he just said “that shouldn’t happen”.

Agree. Cartier has waived repair costs for me.... Even when I had signed the quote agreeing to pay quoted costs! I had to ask them and show them the quote I signed to be sure and they said they wanted to waive it for me. It wasn't a fault or actual repair too.

I've always been gobsmacked at quoted Tiffany repair costs. Slowly shifting away myself.

Agree. Cartier has waived repair costs for me.... Even when I had signed the quote agreeing to pay quoted costs! I had to ask them and show them the quote I signed to be sure and they said they wanted to waive it for me. It wasn't a fault or actual repair too.

I've always been gobsmacked at quoted Tiffany repair costs. Slowly shifting away myself.
I haven't had any experience with Tiffany repairs but when I asked about the possibilities of lengthening a necklace, I was told something like SGD180 for extension. I was a little taken aback since Cartier and VCA provide up to 2inch complimentary extensions.
They also charge something like SGD80 for engraving.

• Sad
Reactions: etudes and caruava