Bad things happen in 3's

i'm so sorry this happened to you. It's was definitely someone you knew & trusted. They were familiar with you, your home and knew when you would be away.

They knew exactly what they wanted & where to get it. Install a lock on your closet door.
If the cleaning crew had a key chances are the would use it for entry. So it might be someone else.
+1

Thank you everyone! I know losing "purses" seems trivial but they were mine and my husband worked hard to buy them for me!

I hate to think that it might happen again. The cameras are coming. My schedule doesn't change much from day to day but it takes me away from the house. It's sad to think I can't keep my things in my house for fear they might get stolen.

I contacted LV here and let them know what was taken. The thief might just try to return them. And I'm keeping my eyes on kijiji and craigslist and eBay. I'm hoping that I get them back and whoever pulled this stunt gets what they deserve.

Again thank you guys for all your comments I truly do appreciate them!

J :smile:

I actually don't think it was the cleaners. Only because they would be the obvious option. Would they really be that stupid knowing if something was stolen they would be the first people questioned?

I actually don't think it was the cleaners. Only because they would be the obvious option. Would they really be that stupid knowing if something was stolen they would be the first people questioned?

Really, I don't know who did it. The neighbours have a key to our home but that's it. It's just my immediate family that comes and goes. Only other people are the cleaners.

So sorry this happened to you. I know they are only purses, but I would feel the same as you. It's a terrible feeling, knowing that you can't even feel secure in your own home. Hopefully, with all of the security measures you and your DH are putting into place, you and your family will have some peace of mind.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, hope your home insurance will be able to cover it. It just seems strange that the thief/thieves would know which receipts to take, considering LV does not include a picture of the bag that the receipt is made out for.

They might have also thought that "hey I never see her using these and there's so many up there would she really miss them?"

OP I'm soo sorry to hear the bad news;(

How sad to read this. I hope those awful crooks get caught BECAUSE Karma is a.... well you know what they said.

AND how sad if they think we are all like Paris Hilton that we won't notice we where robbed until 3 months later. We aren't stupid. Its like they are insulting your intelligence at the same time;(

AND how sad if they think we are all like Paris Hilton that we won't notice we where robbed until 3 months later. We aren't stupid. Its like they are insulting your intelligence at the same time;(

I think Paris Hilton simply has too much stuff to keep track of it all. It doesn't have anything to do with intelligence. You won't notice something missing if you have so much that you can't even remember what you have. :smile:

They might have also thought that "hey I never see her using these and there's so many up there would she really miss them?"

Ugh! I'm so sorry this happened OP. How unfortunate and detrimental it must be on your nerves and sense of security.
I live in a condo bc I'm so scared of these things... I remember my mom told me that when I was a baby, one of our maids and her husband came and stole everything- even my crib (she was having a baby) and left me on the ground crying. Wish I never knew that bc it haunts me! It's nowhere near an experience as yours, but know that we tpf'ers are here to support you and cyber-hold you!!