Bad Skin Habits?

Couture Dreams

spidey kisses
Dec 29, 2007
So I have seen a few bad habits threads.. spending too much or whatever.

But what are your bad skin habits? And what do you do to save yourself from them?

So I shall start...

I have this HORRIBLE habit of popping my pimples. I completely love to do it (i know its disgusting) but Im so obsessed. If i notice one on my face I will think about it all day. Especially if Im at work, I will rub it and cant stop touching it until I pop it. Im sooo gross, I know.

But I dont know what to do to stop myself or saaaave my face. HELP?

I know they always say not to pop them, but I think that's because people pop them with their hands and get bacteria in there. Then it creates scarring and infection. If you go to a dermatologist, they pop them. So I don't think popping is always bad. I do it with a sanitized extractor tool and I've never had a problem :shrugs:

My bad skin habit is that I'm always touching my face! I always do this: :girlsigh:lol. Not the sighing part, but the hand on my face part. I don't even realize I'm doing it! I always wake up with my hands under my face, too :tdown:

there are worse habits than that ! if you just pop it and disinfect, you should be fine !

now my SO on the other hand keeps scratching his forehead pimples like crazy, I literally hit his hand if I spot him doing so, he knows its driving me mad because he got himself a few tiny scars. Its his way of stressing out...

I am like ClaireZk, I touch my face all of the time - especially at work when I am stressed or deep in thought (about purses LOL) - I try and catch myself, but doesn't often happen <sigh>

Another bad habit is not taking makeup off @ bedtime. I've always done this but just went to a Mary Kay party the other night. Very surprised some of the habits others have. That was one of them. I was even going to start a thread on this. One co-worker of mine said she hates wearing foundation because she can't be bothered washing her face at night - too much trouble:confused1: The next day I asked her about that because I thought she looked fantastic when the MK rep put foundation on her. She said her dermatologist said she should only wash her face once a day.

I know they always say not to pop them, but I think that's because people pop them with their hands and get bacteria in there. Then it creates scarring and infection. If you go to a dermatologist, they pop them. So I don't think popping is always bad. I do it with a sanitized extractor tool and I've never had a problem :shrugs:

My bad skin habit is that I'm always touching my face! I always do this: :girlsigh:lol. Not the sighing part, but the hand on my face part. I don't even realize I'm doing it! I always wake up with my hands under my face, too :tdown:

Oh, I always do that too! If my hands aren't occupied, they're on my face or my neck. I should probably stop, who knows what's on my hands.

HAHA I totally have all of these habits. i touch my face too much and i have a bad habit of consistently washing my face.

i feel so bad for my face, i put it through so much.

well i pop then sanitize. i wash my face before and after i pop them. but the problem is that its not just my face..if i see a pimple on anyones face i get the urge to pop them...like really bad. i will like stare at it.. and even ask people (my boyfriend, my sister, my friends.. not strangers) if i can pop their pimples. hahaha its really sick i know

haha i swear we are a like! this was going to be mine! i always find myself touching my face too!

HAHA I totally have all of these habits. i touch my face too much and i have a bad habit of consistently washing my face.

well i pop then sanitize. i wash my face before and after i pop them. but the problem is that its not just my face..if i see a pimple on anyones face i get the urge to pop them...like really bad. i will like stare at it.. and even ask people (my boyfriend, my sister, my friends.. not strangers) if i can pop their pimples. hahaha its really sick i know
I'm the complete opposite. No matter what I won't touch it, I will put a hot faceclothe to try to open but I'll let it run its course and that could be up to a week - Yuck! I've always heard NEVER touch any pimples on your face as that could leave scarring?

It's good to know I'm not alone in this world!! I do this all the time.

if i see a pimple on anyones face i get the urge to pop them...like really bad. i will like stare at it.. and even ask people (my boyfriend, my sister, my friends.. not strangers) if i can pop their pimples. hahaha its really sick i know

Haha I stare which I shouldn't but I definitely don't like to pop unless they're my own. I don't even want to touch my boyfriend's when he gets them.

I do however, love to squeeze his nose. He has a ton of blackheads and it's so fun to watch them come out. I even use the hand held carpet steamer to open his pores.

My bad habits are not moisturizing at night even though I've been much better lately. I do tend to touch my face quite a bit during the day-mainly cause I started using new cream and I'm amazed how soft it feels.

I always wash my face though, that's my best habit. Amazingly on those nights I stumble in from having too many champagnes with the girls the next morning I find my handbag hung up, shoes back in the box and make up washed off:nuts:

I'm the complete opposite. No matter what I won't touch it, I will put a hot faceclothe to try to open but I'll let it run its course and that could be up to a week - Yuck! I've always heard NEVER touch any pimples on your face as that could leave scarring?

nah it will leave scarring if you keep squeezing and scratching it..but if you just pop and disinfect and let it heal nicely, it will be fine...coming form a long time pimple popper not only on myself but on all poor BFs I have had LOL