Bad Shipping, But Want LV

May 10, 2015
Hi,

A while ago I was in the middle of a move and it was a very stressful time for me. To make things a little better, I ordered a cles and had it shipped to my new address (someone was already there to sign for it). I tried to place the order, and each time it would be canceled. I called Louis Vuitton customer service to see what the issue was, and they said they could not ship to an address separate from the billing address. I understand that there are usually high dollar orders, but a cles is such a small purchase. I was left with a sour taste in my mouth they could not do it. I wonder if this policy has changed by now. I really love some of LV's designs and would love to keep buying it, but I was put off by the whole experience before... thoughts?

Hi,

A while ago I was in the middle of a move and it was a very stressful time for me. To make things a little better, I ordered a cles and had it shipped to my new address (someone was already there to sign for it). I tried to place the order, and each time it would be canceled. I called Louis Vuitton customer service to see what the issue was, and they said they could not ship to an address separate from the billing address. I understand that there are usually high dollar orders, but a cles is such a small purchase. I was left with a sour taste in my mouth they could not do it. I wonder if this policy has changed by now. I really love some of LV's designs and would love to keep buying it, but I was put off by the whole experience before... thoughts?

A high end company would not make exceptions to their security flags/protocol just because it's a "small" purchase. However, I know you can make a purchase online and have it sent directly to your gift recipient.. that policy hadn't changed as far as I know. If your (current) billing address was entered correctly you are saying you couldn't have it shipped to someone living at another delivery address? They wouldn't let you? Maybe if you used your own name at the delivery address too, as it's different from your billing, it threw up a red flag for them. If your financials and address etc.. are updated and accurate now, you shouldn't have a problem to try again. Or go to the boutique and purchase in person. :smile: I am glad they are watching out for signs of possible fraud, I wouldn't take it personally and certainly wouldn't let that little hiccup sour you to all of LV!

A high end company would not make exceptions to their security flags/protocol just because it's a "small" purchase. However, I know you can make a purchase online and have it sent directly to your gift recipient.. that policy hadn't changed as far as I know. If your (current) billing address was entered correctly you are saying you couldn't have it shipped to someone living at another delivery address? They wouldn't let you? Maybe if you used your own name at the delivery address too, as it's different from your billing, it threw up a red flag for them. If your financials and address etc.. are updated and accurate now, you shouldn't have a problem to try again. Or go to the boutique and purchase in person. :smile: I am glad they are watching out for signs of possible fraud, I wouldn't take it personally and certainly wouldn't let that little hiccup sour you to all of LV!

Ok thanks! I thought I was being kind of crazy... I just wanted to hear someone else's thoughts.

Some companies will only ever ship to the address to which the payment card is registered to. Others have a more lenient approach. There are pros and cons to both.

However, if you are now settled and your billing address matches your delivery address then I'm not sure what you think the problem might be?