Bad Rubber Soles Before & After...

Stinas

O.G.
Mar 7, 2007
I am BEYOND excited that I got them fixed. They turned out great compared to what they looked like.
I bought the soles on ebay that were wayyyy too thick. I almost cried when I got them back looking like this.
DSC01673.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

It was not the cobblers fault, he put them on nice, but they were too think, I think they looked a bit stupid. Anyways....got them fixed with Vibram soles...What do you think???
DSC02155.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

I was soooo upset. I thought my Decolletes were ruined. Its not that easy to find them anymore. If you look closely, you can tell that they were painted a little, but much better from before. Before they looked like any old cheap pair.

So much better!

Didn't the cobbler grind down the original sole to put the thick soles on? Then how was he able to remove the thick red soles to replace it with vibram? Did he paint the CL soles red again then put on the vibram? He did a good job remedying it.

So much better!

Didn't the cobbler grind down the original sole to put the thick soles on? Then how was he able to remove the thick red soles to replace it with vibram? Did he paint the CL soles red again then put on the vibram? He did a good job remedying it.

They were pretty worn down from me wearing them before, but he did grind them down under the CL name, when putting the thick ones on. When he took them off he re-painted the worn part then cut the new ones so you cant see them from the side, which he did to my other ones too.

So much better!

The cobbler can only grind down fairly lightly and just enough to give the glue a nice flat surface and a good 'key'. If he ground off too much he would seriously weaken the whole shoe.

Any sole that is glued on can easily be removed by a cobbler. He uses a special tool to pinch one edge and then with strong hand pressure he peels the sole away.

I agree, the cobbler did do a good remedial repair.

I'm so glad you were able to get them fixed. I would have freaked out if my shoe guy handed those first ones to me.

Congratulations. :flowers: