Bad Packaging from Selfridges Online

yenhailam

Sep 14, 2020
This is my first order from Selfridges online shipped to the US. The box is so damaged and tapped Repacked. No original Saint Laurent box, no receipt, no tag attached on the bag, only tag attached on the SL dust bag. The Selfridges and SL dust bags are full of wrinkles. The bag smells strong. Is it how the order from Selfridges online supposed to be?
1528C223-C420-4507-B5CF-3FA883C88C61.jpeg

355B2682-1CA5-4602-9616-6916AF354617.jpeg

BA296382-387F-47DB-AED1-E23A48F188EA.jpeg

4C7D0844-E0FC-4B7B-AA05-C1F700D87F1A.jpeg

92DA163F-D6FD-4E4F-9733-6809829E9291.jpeg

That is weird, my orders from them always arrived perfectly packed, at a guess, did you order from another country? Because that looks like somebody opened the box in transit

Reactions: papertiger
I bought YSL bag in Selfridges (in person) and they just dumped it in the dustbag and big yellow bag. No ysl black box or Ysl shopping bag. I didn’t complain as just wanted to get the bag and get out but ugh yes thats how they do it.

I bought YSL bag in Selfridges (in person) and they just dumped it in the dustbag and big yellow bag. No ysl black box or Ysl shopping bag. I didn’t complain as just wanted to get the bag and get out but ugh yes thats how they do it.

Can I ask you which Selfridges that was? I find the one in Manchester often a bit odd, as service is really not great, the one in London and in Edinburgh, never any issues, friendly and asking if you would like it gift wrapped, etc.

^^^ Exactly.

I don’t know about Selfridges, but I do know customs don’t tend to care about how they repackage items after they search them.

I sometimes wonder if they do it deliberately, I had items arrive that weren't even properly repacked and ripped, worst one was one to Switzerland, woman didn't pick it up as there was tax on it (errr, should have known that when she ordered), customs opened it, threw it back in, arrived totally damaged and of course nobody responsible for the damage

Reactions: Hurrem1001