Bad news from the vets today ........

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
Sorry I have never posted here before but with the news we got today about my baby - Charna - I just needed to be among those with pets. Hope you dont mind ......

My joy at getting my J12 last Saturday, has been tempered quite a bit today, by the news that my baby - Charna (cat) is more sick than we realised. We had him back at the vets today - he has liver cancer and has around a month or more to live. I have had Charna for nearly 17 years and will miss him tremendously.

I would gladly trade in my watch if I could get him well again ...... below is a photo of my sweetheart with my watch ..... and another one of my handsome boy.

Hubby is so upset too - Charna is my cat and I have had him 16 and a half years so far. We both moved in with hubby in 2004 and Charna fast became part of the family up here ...... not often I have seen hubby with red eyes. We stayed at home last Christmas to be with Charna instead of going to his parents as usual - we are both so glad we did that now.

P1030967.jpg

P1030904.jpg

Last edited:
I am so, so sorry to hear this about your beautiful cat. I just lost my own boy last week and it hurts so much.
You will at least have some more time with Charna, how does he seem in himself?
I am sending you hugs and good vibes....I wish there was more I could say....

I just lost my own boy last week and it hurts so much. You will at least have some more time with Charna, how does he seem in himself?

Sorry to hear about your own cat *HUGS* to you.

He doesnt seem happy today but he has been through a lot today (shaved in places for scans etc) - we are spoiling him totally now (well more than usual) and will continue to do this until .......

Thank you guys for your kind comments - appreciate it.

I am sorry. I love black cats and I hope Charna will enjoy the rest of her time here. He knows he is loved. 17 yrs and well taken care of shows what a great cat mom you are. Lily sends hugs and kisses to you both.:heart:

1214618167.jpg

What a beautiful cat! I am so sorry to hear about your little cat. I pray every day that they find a cure for cancer for both our pets and us. Makes me so sad when our babies our sick. I'm so glad you've had the chance to spend time with him. :heart:

I'm so so so sorry. I can identify with how you feel. My own Kitti is 18 years old and she has CRF. I don't know how long more she has, and it feels like everyday I spend with her could be the last. It breaks my heart but the most I can do is to spend as much time I can with her, and spoil her with her favourite tuna even though it's not good for her. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

I am sorry you are hurting right now...
Thanks for sharing pics of Charna. He is one handsome fella! Look at that face!
Just one day at a time... sometimes one hour at a time...