Bad news For Business Sellers?

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
i got this ebay news a few days ago but ignored it as it doesnt affect me. But I just checked this and it might not be great news for business sellers.

On 1st May, we’ll be making some changes designed to ensure business sellers on eBay meet certain legal requirements. These changes will improve how buyers interact with business sellers on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie.
Business sellers will have to accept returns for fixed price items that are returned within 14 days of receipt.
The Distance Selling Regulations provide for a ‘cooling off period’ that allows a consumer buying online from a business to cancel their order 7 working days from the day on which they receive the goods. We require business sellers to accept returns for a minimum period of 14 calendar days so that the buyer has enough time to let the seller know about the cancellation and post the item back

OOps not good I think. Business sellers better buy lots of tags!!!:hrmm:

Ouch that is not good!:wtf: The business sellers definitely need to stock up on tags and put them ALL OVER the item so that it can't be used at all and then returned!:yes:

It appears to be in the UK for now- but I understand where it's coming from as business sellers have to follow the laws for retail sales, whether they're selling on Ebay as a venue or through their own sites.

These kind of amended stipulations/clauses that Ebay decides to spring on the Ebay Seller (and Buyer, at times) really annoy me.

Ebay, in a very, very, verrrry rundown version, is like a Sotheby's or Christies Auction house. Can you IMAGINE someone bidding for an item at Sotheby's & after receiving it, saying "hey, Sotheby's, I've changed my mind, I'd like to return this." :wtf:

:hysteric: Disgusting.