Bad Luck and my PHH!

Wow...great idea! Lie to your husband.

Why do you have to hide your purchases from him?

I agree! I wouldn't be with my SO if I had to hide things from him. I once had a boyfriend years ago that I couldn't even purchase a new pair of socks without him getting mad and I thought, "You know what?THAT sucks!". I mean no disrespect to the OP, but it always sounds so pathetic when I read these posts about ladies trying to hide purchases from their SO's.This is why I have my own money and I pay my own bills and what ever is left over is MINE to spend as I wish. Plus my SO has a very keen adoration for high end items so when I make a purchase he appreciates it!
However, as he says he wants me to "be happy and have everything I want"....I still can't have a CAT so I guess there are downfalls:P

oooo! i can answer that, leelee! because i :heart: amaretto sours...

midori sours are a drink made of midori liquer, sour mix, and sometimes pineapple juice, depending on who makes it (i had a delicious amaretto sour at a japanese restaurant last night that the guy put pineapple juice in an it was de-li-cious. you should try one!)

Ah, I see! Sounds like a good drink for a day like today! Thanks for the info!

LOL! It would be seriously impossible to order a cat from Bergdorf's and then hide the little guy from your SO! :nogood:

HEHE..........yeah TOTALLY can't hide that one!! I was at the pet shop yesterday with my daughter and his ex-wifes's daughter (long story....hehe but we're a great family) and we where holding the kittens and I sent him a text, "Can I have a cat?" he texts back simply "No"
hahahahahaha:roflmfao::roflmfao: I won't complain thought cuz he just thought, "Whatever" when I bought 5 pairs of new shoes last week!! Their pic is in the Glass Slipper section. He was laughing his a** off when I was taking their pictures. I said, "The girls in my forum want to see their picture."

^ SO funny!!

Ok can you say, urhm i don't know how this cat got here but somehow bergdorf included it in the bag.... i swear i only ordered the bag.... :shrugs:

I can't deal with bfs and SOs thinking i've to ask them abt a large purchase, or buying bags... good grief

ok on a separate note, I LOVE MIDORI... i could drink lots of it and not get drunk!! it's sweet., very girly drink tho. but i'm a gal so it's ok .LOL

^ SO funny!!

Ok can you say, urhm i don't know how this cat got here but somehow bergdorf included it in the bag.... i swear i only ordered the bag.... :shrugs:

I can't deal with bfs and SOs thinking i've to ask them abt a large purchase, or buying bags... good grief

ok on a separate note, I LOVE MIDORI... i could drink lots of it and not get drunk!! it's sweet., very girly drink tho. but i'm a gal so it's ok .LOL

Yeah Midori Margaritas rock!:tup:

I can totally relate. I used to chuck all the boxes in the basement b4 dh got home or ran ahead to make sure it was out of sight if things were delivered on the porch.

I married not only a PHH but a frugal man who's frugal to the point of having a personality disorder (otherpeoplesspendingphobia :P ) named after him. I don't even know if you should laugh or cry with me on this one... maybe I ought to put some cash in an envelope addressed to him in our mailbox. He won't even care about my purchases after that!

back to having to hide something: i don't think anyone really HAS TO HIDE something - i mean my husband is not going to divorce me over purchases, neither is when he does find boxes or new stuff. both has happened. that would be utterly ridiculous.
but I will say this: I do not think of money as MY money anymore, neither does he think of his as HIS money. sorry, for me this is an alien concept in a serious commitment. that may sound nice or dumb, depending on your viewpoint, and it can be difficult. actually, hubby and I are just having fun - I guess if I started having a secret cc to buy stuff, we would have a problem, and the same the other way round.

my point is: if you know that your relationship will suffer bec you buy something so you hide it, it is a problem. if you hide and you know this is a problem - again not so good. it all depends on the relationship in the end.

hope you are enjoying your new bags - I just got a new BV today - YAY!

I've got a different situation than many of you. I'm a single yet successful adult who had to move home to take care of the family.

I hide my purchases because honestly, my purchases are not my parents' business. I'm an adult who pays her bills first. If I care to buy a bag with my discretionary income, that's my decision. I contribute to the household and make sure every one of those bills is taken care of before I buy a thing each month.

For instance, my mother believes that spending more than $25 on a bag is ridiculous. Needless to say, I don't trot out my purchases in front of her. They also came from a background where there was something wrong with you and you should be ashamed if you carried a single penny as a balance on your credit cards. I don't max mine out, but if I can't pay it all that month I don't stress and fret. My income is such that I'll have it all paid in a couple of months.

So yes, I hide things. My spending is nobody's business.

^^^I understand. My purchases are my own business and I have no one to answer to -- I just don't trot them out in front of my kids, siblings, etc. I just use them. I don't appreciate questions about how much it costs either. If I want to tell you, I will.
(this of course doesn't apply to my purse friends LOL)

I think anyone who claims that they are always 100% honest with their SO is "taking the pot" as George Segal so eloquently put it in "Cable Guy". C'mon Charles. My DH totally hides purchases from me once in a while - so what? I laugh cause its his hard earned money I always tell him he can do whatever he wants with it. But he still feels foolish spending hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on drum kits but so what? We both keep little things from each other that eventually come out sooner or later. If we were keeping serious things from each other like an affair or a drug or gambling problem - then I'd say we'd need help! Hiding purchases is just a buffer between the time the purchase arrives and the moment of discovery! We always laugh about it afterwards....