Bad Impression

SophieChic

O.G.
Oct 6, 2011
I have not posted here for a while because I have been a bit disloyal to Coach and got my very first LV bag last week! So excited! I know lots of us Coachies also enjoy other brands so I don't feel too guilty :P

Anyway, as I have stated in the past, I never go to my local Coach botique, because I live so far away, I always order over the phone and I have a great phone relationship with my favorite SA. I even sent her a holiday card telling her how much I appreciate her, and she sent me an email a few days ago telling me that my card made it a little easier for her to get through the crazy busy holiday season.

So on Friday, I happened to have a very early doctor's appointment is the city, and did not have to go to work afterwards. My Dad went with me, and after going to breakfast we headed over to the mall. I was going to go to LV to get my heat stamp for my new Neverfull, I am getting it done on a luggage tag to hang, instead of the bag itself, and I was so excited to go to the mall!! I haven't been in years, and I also couldn't wait to go to Coach too, although I did not think my SA would be there because she works later in the day.

Well, Dad and I got there pretty early, guess most stores don't open 'till ten and we got there about 9:30am, so we amused ourselves by walking the whole mall, doing some window shopping. Coach was kind of diagonally across from LV, and Dad and I were standing at one of the side windows at Coach looking mostly at the Legacy line. There was a beautiful, almost perwinkle blue that we really liked. We were nowhere near the entrance.

Anyways at about twenty 'till, a couple of women headed toards the store, obviously to open it up. We did not even make a move towards the door, did not even look at them, we were looking at the bags. Then one of them said pretty loudly, " Ummmm, we are NOT open!" Startled, we both looked up and said, "Excuse me?", then the other one said, "We are NOT open. If you want to come in, you will be waiting a good twenty minutes." So we said"ok", and they both gave us really dirty looks so I walked off, my Dad following, and he whispered to me, "Hmmm...guess they don't want any of *our* business today."

I had been sooooo looking forward to going in and looking around, I *never* get to see bags in person, but I felt so uncomfortable about how rude they were, that after we left LV, I just wanted to leave. I told my Dad, they obviously don't want us in there.

So wtf? I mean, if you are opening a store and someone is looking into it admiring the merchandise, don't you say, "Hey! We will be open in about twenty minutes, hope you stop back by, we have a lot of great bags this season!" Am I crazy? What on earth?The last time I even ordered anything from this store, the SA was so rude to me regarding me trying to use a gift certificate, I had to ask for my regulsr SA to get on the phone and straighten everything out. Now I am starting to think the whole darn store (except my SA) is like that.

I am sad to say that it did not make me want to return to buying Coach just yet. Also, it wasn't as though the SA at LV was so great, but she was friendly and helpful, and at least acted like my business was important to her, even though I did not actually even make a purchase because they had to order my tag, and she said they would just get my cc info over the phone when it comes in.

That whole experience really bugs me. One of the reasons I like buying designer purses is the nice treatment I get from the staff....makes me feel a little special. Not this time......no way!:throwup:

What an awful story! SHAME on them! I bet Coach corporate would be very unhappy knowing their customers had been treated this way. I bet your poor SA would also be very mortified to know you've been treated this way... so sorry.

Poor you. Poor Dad, too.

ItrainsinLondon said:
*hugs* They probably just had a very very VERY bad night and woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Every morning. All of them.

LoL-thanks for the laugh.
Im so over the FP stores. Idk why they have the attitudes they do. Their employees big deal.

My two local stores have really nice SA's and I enjoy shopping there. I'm pretty sure this would be unacceptable by Coach standards. I would write a letter as well. This is just bad business etiquette period.

I'm so sorry you received such rude treatment.

I do have to say, though, that this is the polar opposite of how I'm treated at the FP and FO where I shop. I would contact the store manager as well as corporate.

I think these SAs were inexperienced and may not have realized how rude they sounded. I certainly can understand not wanting to shop in a store where you were treated that way. I avoided one of my favorite stores for almost a year because the SA was rude to me.

What a shame that you were treated that way. Even if an SA is having a bad day they shouldn't take it out on prospective buyers. I would have walked away too. I would email Coach at JAX with my story and then call your nice SA and let her know what happened. JAX seems to take matters seriously. Twice I have emailed them with praise for the SA's in the boutique I frequent. They did answer my emails and even though yours, unfortunately, is negative I would hope they would take notice and get back to you. Let us know what happens, however to decide to pursue this ugly treatment.

I have not posted here for a while because I have been a bit disloyal to Coach and got my very first LV bag last week! So excited! I know lots of us Coachies also enjoy other brands so I don't feel too guilty :P

Anyway, as I have stated in the past, I never go to my local Coach botique, because I live so far away, I always order over the phone and I have a great phone relationship with my favorite SA. I even sent her a holiday card telling her how much I appreciate her, and she sent me an email a few days ago telling me that my card made it a little easier for her to get through the crazy busy holiday season.

So on Friday, I happened to have a very early doctor's appointment is the city, and did not have to go to work afterwards. My Dad went with me, and after going to breakfast we headed over to the mall. I was going to go to LV to get my heat stamp for my new Neverfull, I am getting it done on a luggage tag to hang, instead of the bag itself, and I was so excited to go to the mall!! I haven't been in years, and I also couldn't wait to go to Coach too, although I did not think my SA would be there because she works later in the day.

Well, Dad and I got there pretty early, guess most stores don't open 'till ten and we got there about 9:30am, so we amused ourselves by walking the whole mall, doing some window shopping. Coach was kind of diagonally across from LV, and Dad and I were standing at one of the side windows at Coach looking mostly at the Legacy line. There was a beautiful, almost perwinkle blue that we really liked. We were nowhere near the entrance.

Anyways at about twenty 'till, a couple of women headed toards the store, obviously to open it up. We did not even make a move towards the door, did not even look at them, we were looking at the bags. Then one of them said pretty loudly, " Ummmm, we are NOT open!" Startled, we both looked up and said, "Excuse me?", then the other one said, "We are NOT open. If you want to come in, you will be waiting a good twenty minutes." So we said"ok", and they both gave us really dirty looks so I walked off, my Dad following, and he whispered to me, "Hmmm...guess they don't want any of *our* business today."

I had been sooooo looking forward to going in and looking around, I *never* get to see bags in person, but I felt so uncomfortable about how rude they were, that after we left LV, I just wanted to leave. I told my Dad, they obviously don't want us in there.

So wtf? I mean, if you are opening a store and someone is looking into it admiring the merchandise, don't you say, "Hey! We will be open in about twenty minutes, hope you stop back by, we have a lot of great bags this season!" Am I crazy? What on earth?The last time I even ordered anything from this store, the SA was so rude to me regarding me trying to use a gift certificate, I had to ask for my regulsr SA to get on the phone and straighten everything out. Now I am starting to think the whole darn store (except my SA) is like that.

I am sad to say that it did not make me want to return to buying Coach just yet. Also, it wasn't as though the SA at LV was so great, but she was friendly and helpful, and at least acted like my business was important to her, even though I did not actually even make a purchase because they had to order my tag, and she said they would just get my cc info over the phone when it comes in.

That whole experience really bugs me. One of the reasons I like buying designer purses is the nice treatment I get from the staff....makes me feel a little special. Not this time......no way!:throwup:
Terrible experience, just terrible... what in the world... I don't think you can even chalk it up to inexperience, there were TWO of them for god's sake.

Sorry you had that to deal with - and I definitely would take it higher. Chances are - one of those ladies was a manager herself - which sure wouldn't stop me from complaining! I would call, ask for the store manager's name, ask for the first names of the people who opened the store that day and then determine if you want to talk to the store manager or higher.

Totally unacceptable!

That's awful customer service! I worked in a department store while in college...if we did this to a customer we would have been fired! Retail is a hard job but customers should be respected, especially in today's economy.

I have always had a positive experience at my FP, I call ahead to see if they have what I want and I am treated special, as everyone should.

Write a letter or call corporate, I am sure they will fix this.

Thanks guys. My SA is actually the assistant manager I believe, and my plan was to discuss it with her the next time we talk. She usually calls me every few months about PCEs etc., so I am definately going to tell her, and I even remember what they looked like, they are etched in my mind.

I have also called Coach main offices to compliment wonferful employees in the past, so it is not. like I just spend my time complaining about people. I am anxious to talk to my SA, not only about their behavior but about how rudely I was treated over the gift certificate, and see what she would suggest as being the best way to improve customer service at her store. She is such a sweetheart I find it hard to believe that people who work under her are so awful....she is a shining example IMO. Thanks for the support you guys :smile:

Omg I want to hug you and your dad. That is horrible. You owe it to People that want jobs to let the management know though. I spent a great part of my afternoon at my local store in Sanford. Everyone should be treated like they treat people. They even introduce customers to each other. That is the way to keep customers not accost them for no reason.

I would take this up the chain until something was done. I remember before I shopped at Coach, I always thought that they SA's would be snooty and rude. I was pleasantly surprised and have had mostly great experiences with my purchases in store. I would not/could not leave this alone if I were in your shoes. This is not the norm and I wouldn't quit until someone did something. Please don't let it go because these people will continue to make people feel like crap if nothing is done.