bad idea....

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
when i bought my ergo pleated sig satchel in khaki/silver they assured me the metallic wouldn't flake off.......

and sure enough it has! I've had it for a little over a week, and used it once, and all around the handles it's flaking off :tdown:
I want to take it back, but with the quality of everything and having to make exchanges because of that lately, they'll probably look at me like I'm nuts.

its just one more thing to top off my HORRIBLE week. we made the 1400 mile drive to move to our new house, to find out that something happened to the dishwasher and the entire kitchen floor, and subfloor had to be ripped up, the house was upside down, and even looked like there was mold forming. GREAT!!! so we had no place to stay with 3 dogs and had to turn around and come back.
I'm not a happy camper and then my pretty purse is ruined to top it off!!

UGHHHH

I am so sorry to hear about your house problems and I feel your pain on the handbag. I purchased the Editorial Zoe in Antique Gold while it was a pilot bag. Like you, I only used it for a very short time before the body of the bag started flaking. I brought it back to the store and decided to try another one. Sure enough, that one started to flake after only a couple of uses. I was never a big fan of metallics but that color really grabbed me. I have decided that metallic bags will NEVER be an option again-at least from Coach. $600 should get me a bag that holds up and looks good for more than a day!!

I was wondering if that would happen with the ergo metallic bags. I'm sorry to hear it did. That's terrible about your moving situation!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that things start looking up.

Im so sorry, that does sound like a crappy week. Im definantly staying away from metallics I have heard so many horror stories of flaking!!!!!! I hope you can return it and find something you love that will last!!!

Okay, that is one serious sh***y week! The house stuff alone would be enough to drive anyone nuts and then, on top of that, your gorgeous pricey bag starts to flake! I'm so, so sorry...here's a hug :hugs:. I hope you can replace the bag with another one you love just as much that will actually love you back, lol. Also, I hope your house situation will be resolved soon and you and your family get to move into your new home. Best of luck :tup:

OH SWEETIE... Sorry to hear you have had a dark cloud over your head and are having so much trouble.
I would take the bag back to Coach and wouldnt give a darn what they thought, etc... when this is happening so fast to your bag, thats CRAZY!!!
Best of luck and hang in there.

So sorry to hear about your house probs, candac*. Hope that all works out. I would definitely return the bag -- especially if really noticeable. I know my favorite SA told me that if the metallic is structured with edges, etc., it tends to flake off. If it's soft and smooshy, chances are it won't -- or not as bad. I was asking him about the Bleecker Woven Pocket hobo, which I love in metallic. He said that he had never seen one of those returned for the metallic wearing off. Doesn't mean it never happens, tho. :shrugs:
Good luck and I will pray that all works out with your house thing. :sos:

I am sorry you had such a bad week. I am sure it will only get better from here. I think that I would go and return it, if the product that I purchased was inferior materials I would not care! Here's a little gift from me to you:

70a1094a94c2ce04df6ce926a345d3d4.gif

That's awful! Sending a big hug your way and I hope that your kitchen is fixed soon!

As for your bag...you already know...take it back. I am convinced that even as pretty as the metallic bags are, they simply aren't worth it.

Definitely take your bag back! I could see if you used it every day for 2 years but not ONE WEEK!!! So sorry to hear about your house...how stressful. Hope the work can be done quickly and you can get moved in! At least no Coach was harmed in the process :flowers: