Bad friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you give the benefit of the doubt and buy her what she wants, isn't that rewarding for bad behavior? I think people need to learn what the consequences are for their actions. This is what we do for children, and that is exactly what she was behaving like... a child. I don't have a lot of friends because I do not tolerate being treated like garbage. But the ones I do have would never hurt my feelings in such a way.

^I agree. I wouldnt buy her what she wants. She was rude, she doesnt deserve a gift. She should have been glad that you went out of your way to buy a coach bag. Coach bags arent cheap, and you could have easily spent the money on yourself, but you didnt. She needs to learn some manners

I never suggested that theglamorous buy anything else for her friend. I suggested that she leave the situation be and let her friend do whatever she wants with the gift. After all, it's not her bag anymore. She bought it for someone else, she gave it to the intended recipient and it now no longer belongs to her. If theglamorous were to take some of the suggestions posted here, such as name-calling and taking the back back from her friend and keeping it, she'll have proved herself to be just as rude and immature as her friend.

As adults, it's not our job to teach our friends manners and etiquette. And, in situations such as this, we should act responsibly and mature setting a good example for those who don't know any better.

I never suggested that theglamorous buy anything else for her friend. I suggested that she leave the situation be and let her friend do whatever she wants with the gift. After all, it's not her bag anymore. She bought it for someone else, she gave it to the intended recipient and it now no longer belongs to her. If theglamorous were to take some of the suggestions posted here, such as name-calling and taking the back back from her friend and keeping it, she'll have proved herself to be just as rude and immature as her friend.

As adults, it's not our job to teach our friends manners and etiquette. And, in situations such as this, we should act responsibly and mature setting a good example for those who don't know any better.

I agree with the name calling, that is not necessary. Although I am a strong believer in letting friends know when I don't care for how they are treating me. I would expect the same in return if I had treated someone poorly. After all, isn't being honest and open part of the whole friendship deal?

^Yes, and I completely agree with you. :yes: The friend definitely acted poorly and the best way to deal with that would be by confronting her and getting that issue out in the open. I sure hope that's what happens here!!

what is all this mess about proving character? give that old hag a hot pink and studded Kathy. One that looks like a pouch with some leopard strings will do her just fine.

I say your character has already been proven by that awesome first gift, now it's time to really gift. Nothing says "I hate you" like a Kathy.

. . . one thing I've learned about friendship, if you value it, you do all you can to protect it. We can as adults confront our friends, tactfully, respectfully. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, and iron sharpens iron. Friends are more than just having fun with, they are an important part of our lives. If we cannot have deep, thoughtful, even revealing conversations with our friends, then they are not friends, but aquaintances.

Perhaps, the receiver does not value your friendship and it hurts to have this kind of response to a kind act. Leave it on her. One day she'll knock herself on the forehead and say, ":cursing:" I was a fool!

what is all this mess about proving character? give that old hag a hot pink and studded Kathy. One that looks like a pouch with some leopard strings will do her just fine.

I say your character has already been proven by that awesome first gift, now it's time to really gift. Nothing says "I hate you" like a Kathy.

It isn't just how we act that defines us, but how we react. It is very hard not to respond emotionally and pettily to rude behavior toward us, and that is why it is called "being big." I'm not saying this because I think I'm a big person; I have been very petty myself. But I aspire to being a better person, and I salute those who are able to handle others' bad behavior with grace and aplomb.

OMG...I love it!!! :roflmfao:

It isn't just how we act that defines us, but how we react. It is very hard not to respond emotionally and pettily to rude behavior toward us, and that is why it is called "being big." I'm not saying this because I think I'm a big person; I have been very petty myself. But I aspire to being a better person, and I salute those who are able to handle others' bad behavior with grace and aplomb.

So you agree that a Kathy is a good idea. I don't aspire to be a better person because I'm already awesome and well my gut tells me a Kathy will make life better.

Well i have the purse in my possession. I am going to keep it and give it to my Grandma for her Birthday. I am going to buy her (my friend) a Coach Mini Skinny instead. I hope she likes it.

Thank you All for the support and the Help.

I Love you All.

Every one here rocks i wish you all could be my best friends.

Thank you.

The best part of gift giving is the feeling & excitement of knowing you picked a great gift - which I think you did. Your completely unthoughtful friend crushed those feelings. Since she did nothing for your birthday I would take this as a lesson learned & not acknowledge future birthdays with any more than a card unless she does a 360. Taking back a gift seems petty - but if she wants an exchange let her do it. Your part is done - and I hope your generous gifts to her are done as well. Even if I hated a gift I would never crush someone by reacting like that. It's the thought that counts or at least it should be! Giving a gift should always make you feel good not bad. Sorry this happened to you.

ITA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.