Bad experience with bag borrow steal suggestions?

I've heard bad stuff about the quality of their bags...I would just fork out the money to Louis Vuitton for the alma. You're already paying about 10% just to borrow it for 2 months. It's a gorgeous bag and one that you will enjoy using at YOUR OWN LEISURE!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

I think you would have been paying a lot more than that, with membership fees etc. wouldn't you?

You are better off buying the bag instead of borrowing from BBS. Or you can borrow from a good friend. I am sorry to hear that you had a HORRIBLE experience with BBS...they will not be getting my business!

Ohmygosh! A thousand "mea culpas" for even thinking of mentioning tPF by name. Just "A group that would be likely to think of using their services and is read by people all over the world" should be enough to make them rethink their treatment of you. That would be accurate and not mention tPF by name, at the same time.

Please keep us updated on how this plays out. I feel so bad for you and this situation.

If it makes you feel any better, I was going to buy a used bag from them but couldn't after remembering your story. I was just sure that if it was more than "slightly used," I would get the same run-around from their customer service that you did. Thanks for the heads up!

Are you kidding? I had a blog going about these people a few weeks ago - what a NIGHTMARE! :sad: I had my eye on a blue Isabella Fiore Bag in "blue" which is nowhere to be found anywhere. They actually had one to "borrow" and I was so excited! I signed up with them JUST so I could borrow the bag and then request to "steal" it. I was told that the bags are just so wonderful, kept so perfect, blah blah blah blah - when it finally did arrive, I have NEVER SEEN a more DISGUSTING HORRIBLE THRASHED PIECE OF @#!@ - I thought I was going to die!:throwup: When I was first told that it had shipped, I put in a request to "steal" the bag....I eventually got a response that they wanted $299 for the bag. I immediately contacted them - I was so angry - so frustrated. I sent it back via UPS (they paid for shipping) that same day and I'm awaiting a confirmation that my membership has been cancelled. I think that they use these stock photos and show of course, these wonderful bags - but with the amount of people using them - how could they NOT get ruined? It's not your own, you know? They apparently send their bags out for cleaning, etc., after each use - and that's wonderful and fine. Whatever. But I mean, the blue on this IF wasn't even the original dye. It's like they put blue white out all over it - the studs were completely scratched and there were areas of like white liquid paper in blotches all over the bottom. How anyone could put their name on this and then rent it out for a profit is immoral. I'm very unhappy with their website. I do have to say that their customer service "live chat" wasn't too terrrible. They're just sitting their answering questions whatever. I don't think they have it out for anyone. They're like any of us - they have a job...they're not the ones that are dying the bags - touting them as wonderful...I hope you know you are NOT ALONE.:shrugs:

All I know about BBS is that I purchased a bag from their
"outlet" store (where they sell the bags they are discontinuing in their rental section) and immediately returned it because it was in such sorry shape. Their pics in the outlet store don't show the current condition of the bag- they just show a photo of the brand new bag. That's wrong - not useful to the buyer at all.

I have also dealt with frombagstoriches.com, and was very happy with their service - I recommend them highly. I rented a beautiful Balenciaga from them. They have an outlet store, but I noticed that their photos show the CURRENT condition of the bag!! I have not tried their outlet store. BTW, you should definitely CALL them or email them to find out the status of a bag - because they do not show the actual availability status of a bag on their website.

Are you kidding? I had a blog going about these people a few weeks ago - what a NIGHTMARE! :sad: I had my eye on a blue Isabella Fiore Bag in "blue" which is nowhere to be found anywhere. They actually had one to "borrow" and I was so excited! I signed up with them JUST so I could borrow the bag and then request to "steal" it. I was told that the bags are just so wonderful, kept so perfect, blah blah blah blah - when it finally did arrive, I have NEVER SEEN a more DISGUSTING HORRIBLE THRASHED PIECE OF @#!@ - I thought I was going to die!:throwup: When I was first told that it had shipped, I put in a request to "steal" the bag....I eventually got a response that they wanted $299 for the bag. I immediately contacted them - I was so angry - so frustrated. I sent it back via UPS (they paid for shipping) that same day and I'm awaiting a confirmation that my membership has been cancelled. I think that they use these stock photos and show of course, these wonderful bags - but with the amount of people using them - how could they NOT get ruined? It's not your own, you know? They apparently send their bags out for cleaning, etc., after each use - and that's wonderful and fine. Whatever. But I mean, the blue on this IF wasn't even the original dye. It's like they put blue white out all over it - the studs were completely scratched and there were areas of like white liquid paper in blotches all over the bottom. How anyone could put their name on this and then rent it out for a profit is immoral. I'm very unhappy with their website. I do have to say that their customer service "live chat" wasn't too terrrible. They're just sitting their answering questions whatever. I don't think they have it out for anyone. They're like any of us - they have a job...they're not the ones that are dying the bags - touting them as wonderful...I hope you know you are NOT ALONE.:shrugs:

:shocked:

chloehandbags - I love your response to my original post! Just that funny little face! It's so perfect! So perfect. Anyway - I was able to dig around in my pictures and found what Bag Borrow or Steal sent me and what it was SUPPOSED to look like - they use stock photos, don't forget - so your brain goes into freeze-zone only to be ripped apart and distroyed :crybaby: when you open the box and discover what's REALLY inside. First pic is what it looked like when it was nice and new and not @# up with dye and the likes of people that we probably wouldn't have anything to do with...and the second pic is what yours truly found waiting for her after days of anticipation....:wtf:

Attachments

• FioreAudraBlue.jpg
    FioreAudraBlue.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 180
  • Awful Audra.jpg
    Awful Audra.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 191
chloehandbags - I love your response to my original post! Just that funny little face! It's so perfect! So perfect. Anyway - I was able to dig around in my pictures and found what Bag Borrow or Steal sent me and what it was SUPPOSED to look like - they use stock photos, don't forget - so your brain goes into freeze-zone only to be ripped apart and distroyed :crybaby: when you open the box and discover what's REALLY inside. First pic is what it looked like when it was nice and new and not @# up with dye and the likes of people that we probably wouldn't have anything to do with...and the second pic is what yours truly found waiting for her after days of anticipation....:wtf:

:yucky: I would be soooo upset. I will NEVER do BBS ever because of the horror stories!

^ You can see it's been re-dyed. :yes:

It's a completely different colour (more aqua than pale blue).

Also, I can see what you mean about the white-out like marks on the bottom, too. :yes:

I agree with the other poster about getting your own, if not an Alma maybe another Speedy 30 in either the Damier print or Monogram Canvas. I am sure Eluxury could send it out ASAP for you! They are great!

At the end of the day, why not put some money towards a bag that you would enjoy over the years.